Vieluxe by weber

Lol.. yea we have a 1000 gallon take for the house so i would just hook it up
Aaron, getting confused I did respond in the old thread about the PM but figured should stay with this one.

There is another thread if you needed flavorizer bars that another member had RC make them they were for a 56 though. As for the burners if you were in need I know Jeff from MA had RC do a custom job for his Weber Junior. Those burners in your grill or hopefully in your grill were longer not available as others have stated so they would need to be done on a custom basis guessing that RC could do them but don't know.

I agree with Bruce this could be a very large rabbit hole you start at 600 maybe another 400 who knows end up with a lifetime grill that costs 4-6k you got it for 1k. Please as others have said keep posting if Larry says if I understood him this grill was better than his Wolf.

Edit: Getting Old here is the thread.

Need Parts for 56" Vieluxe Grill | Page 2 | The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board (tvwbb.com)

Kind of wondering if anyone on this forum owns and uses one???????
You would think that if anyone still owns one, he would be a member of this forum.

I have never seen a Vieluxe in person. My take is that it was an effort by Weber to make the absolute BEST gas grill possible with the technology of the time. The good news about it being from some years back is that it didn't delve into dubious electronic gizmos but instead focused on highest quality materials and Made in USA hand built construction. It was just a reach too far, I guess. There are only so many people willing to shell out that kind of money for a gas grill on wheels. It might have faired better if it had come out later and was part of the "built-in" outdoor kitchen wave.

In any case, if you can find one of these and get it up and running properly, you will certainly have the ultimate gas grill with Weber heritage. There certainly are other really fine high end grills available today that have high grade stainless construction. However, none of these have that Weber DNA hidden inside. To me, that is what gives the Vieluxe its extra special charm.

Honestly I would not say it's a "better" grill than my Wolf, as I really have no way of knowing that since my exposure was only drooling over them at the local Weber dealer years back. I honestly think if you could find one that is not ruined it would make a decent investment. My memory of it is unless you did something totally stupid to one, you would never wear it out

so if you look at this thread and he converted it to NG from LP why cant I do the opposite... just put on an tank regulator like normal and change the the orifice? I know when I posted about doing this to a Summit 650 I was told it was not a good Idea with out swapping the entire manifold. Is it different on the Vieluxe?

so if you look at this thread and he converted it to NG from LP why cant I do the opposite... just put on an tank regulator like normal and change the the orifice? I know when I posted about doing this to a Summit 650 I was told it was not a good Idea with out swapping the entire manifold. Is it different on the Vieluxe?
It depends on the valve type on the Vielux. I have no idea what they used. My guess is though because of the VERY high end nature of it, odds are they used valves much like your kitchen stove. Where they're continuously variable internally. If so you're golden. If not you're going to have issues

He posted this in the thread... Is that the Valve... sorry I am still new to this whole deal. how can you tell the difference.

Attachments

• NtzGP5J.jpg
    NtzGP5J.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
That is the spool portion of the valve. At first glance, it looks to be the continuous type but the angle is not such that I can truly tell. Also Weber sources the valves from a few different suppliers and there is really no way to predict what you will have

Well for what it's worth in the Nat Gas manual it says: This Vieluxe® gas grill is designed for natural (piped in city) gas only. Do not use liquid propane (LP) bottled gas. The valves, orifices and hose are for natural gas only. Notice it says valves are for natural gas only but who knows could just be legal speak maybe the valves are the same in both. We already know the orifices are different. Here is a link to the Natural Gas model there is one for LP out there also if you search.

4456 NG OwnersGuide 60776 062402.pdf (appliancefactoryparts.com)

Good find, Brian. That would definitely give me pause before thinking of buying one of these with the idea of converting.

Jon if you look up the manual for the LP model that same line is in there regarding using Nat Gas. As has been discussed multiple times in the forum, change the manifold which for that grill is probably impossible to find one.

Aaron sometimes it looks like a good deal but maybe it is not since you don't have Nat Gas and basically Weber is explicitly telling you not to run a Nat Gas grill on LP. There is another reason its that price and its because its Nat Gas which you could not give away in Atlanta would be few buyers very few. You mentioned above you had asked a similar question about a Summit 650 conversion with the answer being change the manifold not sure why the answer would change because its a Vieluxe. I am certainly not telling you what to do really don't want to see you blow yourself up either.

I think Bruce's quote from above in the thread is a great one: "There will always be another one. Just be patient."

Aaron, have you reached out to Weber? It seems their customer service may be a bit sucky these days, but given the uniqueness of the grill it's possible you might be put into contact with someone who has some significant inside knowledge.

At this point I'm wondering if the conversion process might cost you more than running your own personal NG line from Duluth... ;)

Aaron, have you reached out to Weber? It seems their customer service may be a bit sucky these days, but given the uniqueness of the grill it's possible you might be put into contact with someone who has some significant inside knowledge.

At this point I'm wondering if the conversion process might cost you more than running your own personal NG line from Duluth... ;)
I called weber last night.. they can only give me the owners manual. All other parts are unavailable.

Talked again to the seller. He is going to send mores tomorrow and i can go see it in person friday or Saturday. He cant find any lp parts that he thought he might have. He only sent me this pic of the ng regulator for some reason

Attachments

• 20201229_081440.jpg
    20201229_081440.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 11
Aaron,
It is hard to walk away from such a very special grill, but if you can't get natural gas where you are, I would take a walk and wait for an LP one to show up. Once or twice a year you will usually see one.

I can't remember the last time I saw one for sale near me. It has been a couple years now. If you live in or near a larger metro area, you will have a better chance. Biggest town near me is about 250K and 60 miles away.

At times like this, I always think to myself...is a $6000 grill going to make me a better cook? Larry, Jon, Bruce, you guys always post such beautiful food pics of food prepared on Q grills, which leads me to believe that a better grill does not make a better cook.

Back