Vieluxe by weber

I would have thought if this was the case Jon would have really seen it in FLA. I honestly would have to actually see it to fully believe it's possible. I mean, hell they make containers to carry acids out of it
Bleach or chlorine are especially hard on Stainless. In Water treatment we sometimes use hastelloy TM. It is basically a super stainless. We use it for chlorine and ammonia injection points. https://hastelloy-x.com/

he is at $350 in my last email... I am looking at it tomorrow at 10am. the gas cross tubes are rusted that is why he came down he said. the burners look ok... the tubes look exactly like the summit 450 i have sitting in garage... so even if they have to be mortified to fit it wont be a huge deal.
As long as they are not longer... I will make sure to measure..

like I said I never even talked price with him yet... he voluntarily dropped it in his last email. pics attached are from him... looks dirty... but I have seen much worse.
OK, I changed my mind based on the price and Larry's comments.
BUY IT! :coolkettle:

You will regret it if you don't. What a deal on a ultra cool "Weber" grill!

I have spent and LOST $$$ on grills and parts over the years. If say it cost $300 and it comes to nothing, well is $300 not $3000.
I had good intentions on all the grills and grills parts i had but in some cases things just did not work out and lost lots of 💵
Just like before buying a used car a good mechanic needs to look at it same here, go and see it in person may give a better idea.
At the other end of the spectrum one could add $100 and buy a brand new Q3200 that is a sure thing. Is not that glamorous but it cooks great. LP to boot, parts galore and super easy to fix.

Last edited:
Good points Chris, especially since I have been down those roads, too. I am still trying to come up with cart/bases to complete grills from the nice Broilmaster parts I bought from you!

I guess I would say that a Vieluxe is kind of the ultimate gas grill, at least with Weber DNA in it. You should not buy something like this if you are just wanting a big grill to cook on. If you don’t have a deep respect for its history and you are not willing to invest the time, money and - yes - frustration to get it up to speed and keep it there, it is not the grill to buy.

I would be willing - especially for that price and nice condition😎!

Aaron, how about starting a new build thread for that thing and keep us updated on your progress. I am very interested to see where this goes.
Sounds like you got a whole lot of grill for the money. That thing is probably worth nearly that in scrap.

Nice way to start the new year.

You are going to need that buddy and maybe another to load it up.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Back