Need Parts for 56" Vieluxe Grill

Yeah he's pretty weird about contact. He ends up contacting you through one of his personal emails once you've made intentions clear about what you want/need done. But, if you need or want to speak to him good luck. No matter how much you ask he will not call you back. Only email. A little maddening, BUT his work is pretty much flawless and a good value. I won't divulge the amount but the price he charged me for custom building the grates for my Wolf was very reasonable given that I asked him to keep spacing tight (about 1/4"), 3/8" rod, and so on. Even his shipping was reasonable (though I think my USPS delivery person got a hernia). His turnaround time also was very good. He's just a little overly "private" though not sure why.

I suppose when you do as much business on-line as he does it can get overwhelming and sometimes with less than desirable characters out there you do need to be careful. I totally agree his work is top drawer. Similarly for kettle grills, Mark Baron of Killa Grilla also does the same kind of work for them. I wonder sometimes if they have privately agreed to divide the gas grill and kettle grill markets:eek:.

I worked with Dave a while back and at his request sent him a rusted original of the Genesis 300 heat plate so that he could start offering those. He made some at a nice price for me for doing that. I also tried to get Dave to do a custom job. He did respond at first, but after that I couldn't get him to follow through even though I told him I was fine with fronting the start-up cost. Maybe my email(s) didn't get to him with so many methods... I probably didn't need to spend any more $ on goofy ideas, anyway.

I will certainly continue to buy from Dave where the best quality is what matters. I think, though, he would rather do his standard products vs. one-off special projects. I can understand that. I am glad he made those for your Wolf. The best deserves the best!

Yah, I do believe it is a side job for him and he has a regular full time job as well. He probably doesn't have as much time as he would like to work on the stainless fabrications.

He could probably make an entire Weber Genesis Silver or 1000 out of SS. Frame, cookbox, lid, etc.
Would probably run into $$$$ thousands.

I've been advised by Rcplanebuyer is no longer making flavorizer bars for this grill due to warping issues. Has anyone here purchased them and experienced this problem? Does it impact performance or is it an aesthetic issue? Are there any other sources for them? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been advised by Rcplanebuyer is no longer making flavorizer bars for this grill due to warping issues. Has anyone here purchased them and experienced this problem? Does it impact performance or is it an aesthetic issue? Are there any other sources for them? Thanks!

https://metalscut4u.com/blog/post/grill-parts-custom-made-for-your-grill-area-or-weber-grill.html

If you have an existing bar, you could look for a small local metal fabricator to replicate a set for you.

I don't know why he'd have warping issues with that and not a Summit which is basically the same design

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish I still had the originals. I think I’ve worked out something with Rcplanebuyer. I’ll update when I get everything straightened out.

This is what I learned from my phone consultation with Rcplanebuyer: The Vieluxe flavorizor bars have a weldment fore and aft. These are to protect the crossover tubes located at the rear of the burner tubes. the reason they put weldments at each end was to make them idiot proof. You couldn't install them backwards and leave the crossover tubes unprotected. He uses 304 stainless steel that expands/contracts more than the 400 series stainless on the originals. With the weldment constraining the independent movement of the individual bars, warping occurred, typically with the center bar. He did, however, produce one set with 400 series stainless and it still warped. To avoid this, he is making mine with only the rear weldment so the bars will be free to move to their heart's content. We'll soon see if this corrects the issue.

48702492841_52c079230e_o.jpg

Last edited:
This photo actually provided the solution to the warping issue on Rcplanebuyer's reproductions. The center bar is only welded on one end. I pointed this out to Dave and he is making mine like the originals.

I got my new parts Friday and they are just perfect. Pictured with the new flavorizor bars first and with the smoker tubes second.

48781046653_6ae811773e_o.jpg

48781046643_63e7798a1a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Question:
My burner tubes are in good shape but I can't find replacements.
There are 6 main burners - left and right plus the smoker burner. All are 21.5" long.
The previous owner said he got burner tubes for (he thinks) a Summit model but I can't find any that had burners that long.
Does anyone know where I could find them and what model would have 21.5" burners?

If I can't find an out of the box solution, I'll probably get a few sets custom made as I plan to own this grill for a very long time.
Who makes quality stainless steel burner tubes?

Thanks!

Thanks - I appreciate it.

I actually ordered Weber part number 85663 for the 2000-2006 Summit Gold/Platinum D without pulling my tubes to measure. They are 20-5/8” long though, not the 21.5” i need.
To their credit, Weber paid return shipping and took them back without issue.

At least Weber took them back. But I assume mine are the same length then since I have a Summit Gold D4. I let you know tonight.
But are you sure you need new tubes? I cleaned mine on Saturday. They looked bad. But after scrubbing with 150 grid sandpaper, water and a tiny screw driver to clean the holes they are as new again.

Don’t need them yet as they are in decent shape now. I replaced the crossover tubes (which is one of the rare parts I’ve been able to locate for the Vieluxe) as they were breached.
I just know they’ll need to be replaced in a few years and likely a couple more times while I own it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a treasure hunt finding parts for that Vieluxe. Since the design looks similar to the older Summit I was thinking that some Summit parts would fit.

Back