Need Parts for 56" Vieluxe Grill

According to Weber and grillparts.com the Weber 60428 burners are 21" long.
It might be worth a shot if I get Weber to cover the return shipping again.
Did any of those early models have a smoker burner? The Vieluxe does and it the prior owner said they were replaced as a set.

I think you might have found a fix for the regular burners, but the separate smoker burner may require some custom fabrication if the original can’t be salvaged.

I can tell you the first gen Summit burners are not 21" long. But, if I get time later today I will lift the cover on my ailing 450 (haven't looked at it in over a year) and give them a measure but the fire box on 2nd gen Summit is larger front to back than 1st gen so if 2nd gen does not fit I have my doubts about 1st gen

48702492841_52c079230e_o.jpg

I had Dave make me the first set of bars for the Vieluxe. Would cutting the weld of the one of the ends on the middle bar prevent the warping. I haven't used the grill much so it hasn't warped yet, but just want to know.

Also, please let us know if your burner tubes worked out. Thanks!

That would probably be a good idea Ryan. Apparently he had a lot of issues with the warping and didn't even want to make any more until he figured out the issue.

This appears to have done the trick as I've used mine quite a bit already without issue.

I received the Weber #60428 burner tubes today (they are for the Summit 650). They are shorter than mine but might work. I'll probably work on it this weekend and will report back.

Last edited:
Rob,

I hope those Summit tubes work our for you. I admire your efforts to do a quality restoration of such a special part of Weber's history.

That would probably be a good idea Ryan. Apparently he had a lot of issues with the warping and didn't even want to make any more until he figured out the issue.

This appears to have done the trick as I've used mine quite a bit already without issue.

I received the Weber #60428 burner tubes today (they are for the Summit 650). They are shorter than mine but might work. I'll probably wok on it this weekend and will report back.
Thank you very much Rob. I have restored a 44" Vieluxe for my dad, and would like to get some burner tubes as spares. I got lucky and found one in really good shape. I'm going to cut the weld off of one side of the center bars and see how that goes.
[/IMG]
96E0FC97-06D5-43CC-BC0C-3D999E890057_zpstcjzi43h.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
519FA312-81C9-4CB2-AF02-2D146A115194_zpskrr4sjcl.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow, Ryan! That is totally awesome! GREAT JOB on a very, very special grill.

I tagged under "restored other grills"

Really nice grill. I am glad to see someone take up the challenge to restore one of those beauties.

Wow, Ryan! That is totally awesome! GREAT JOB on a very, very special grill.

I tagged under "restored other grills"

Have to agree with Jon and others what a beautiful grill if you don't mind sharing as not seen many in the ATL what kind of money is reasonable for them.

Have to agree with Jon and others what a beautiful grill if you don't mind sharing as not seen many in the ATL what kind of money is reasonable for them.
I bought this one a few years ago off Craigslist for $600 and got the last of some of the Weber through warranty. They didn’t have the flavor bars so I had rcplanebuyer make them. The dual side burners seem commercial grade.

I bought this one a few years ago off Craigslist for $600 and got the last of some of the Weber through warranty. They didn’t have the flavor bars so I had rcplanebuyer make them. The dual side burners seem commercial grade.

Thanks for response even if you put $400 into it on top of that you have a lifetime grill that is a Mercedes or better. I can't imagine the bars were inexpensive but for that grill sure it was worth every dime.

Those were beautiful examples of wonderful grilling machines. Too bad they kept making stuff cheaper and cheaper. IIRC those came out before the Summit series and the Summit was a cheaper alternative to these. So there is a lot of this grill's DNA in the 1st gen Summits

That grill looks brand new, Ryan!
Did you do anything to bring the luster back on the black trim parts? Mine are kind of faded.

That grill looks brand new, Ryan!
Did you do anything to bring the luster back on the black trim parts? Mine are kind of faded.
My black trim parts weren't too faded since the grill was under a cover its whole life. One trick I learned detailing engines is to use lemon pledge aerosol spray for rubber and trim. As long as it's not used anywhere inside the grill or on the side burner, it will be OK to use. Give it a try.

IIRC those came out before the Summit series and the Summit was a cheaper alternative to these. So there is a lot of this grill's DNA in the 1st gen Summits

First appearance of Summit was 1997. It was advertised in Winter 1997 issue of Weber Grill-Out Times.

FMhpgng.jpg

The introduction of Vieluxe was 2001.

"In 2006, a Weber insider told The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board that the key factor to the demise of Vieluxe was the high cost of hand fabrication. In 2005, Weber Summit Platinum stainless steel grills could be manufactured using the same tooling as the Summit Gold but at a fraction of the cost of Vieluxe. Not that these were comparable grills in any way, but time shows us that people voted with their wallets. Weber Summit grills are still with us today and Vieluxe is but a distant memory."

Yep that looks viable. Still looks like both the Vielux and Summit 1st gen shared a lot of their DNA though

Hi All,
I recently purchased one of these hogs. Any idea where I can get a replacement rotisserie motor and forks, aftermarket fine, for a 54 Vieluxe?

- - - Updated - - -

Also,
Any recommendations on a cover for the 54?

Back