USDA Prime Tri-Tip

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Sprung for the good stuff at Costco. I tried Weber's Smokey Mesquite Seasoning for the first time...not terribly impressed...maybe better on a thin steak than on a thick roast. But the tri-tip was deliciously marbled and juicy even when leftovers were sliced thin and warmed gently for a sammie on toasted sourdough. Yum!

phtNPGA.jpg

ljK4AaY.jpg

Video on the grill: https://i.imgur.com/zEaRMq8.mp4

qW4pVjO.jpg

YLcxhdp.jpg

Me gusta mucho!

I wonder where the mesquite flavor came in - smoked salt? Coming from a guy like you, I'm sure you're better at laying out the smoke profile you're in the mood for the old fashioned way, than by shaking it out of a container. I'd buy/try it too though.

Chris, that Tri-Tip looks wonderful, taken off the grill @ the perfect time. Cannot get any better than that!

Great looking tri tip cook Chris!
Of all the Weber seasonings, I like the Steak 'n Chop the best for just about any meat.

Beautiful TT Chris, and it looks like it's cooked to perfection. I don't care to much for the Smokey Mesquite either, except it's pretty decent on burgers. Give me kick n' chicken and I'll use that on almost anything.

Great looking roast Chris. That meat is perfectly done. I'm going to have to give one of those tri-tips a whirl if I can find one. The butchers around here have not heard of it...

Regards,

John

Back