USDA Prime Ribeye Steaks

Curious, since you have the WSC/K and the Summit gasser, which one do you think gives you the best tasting steak?

I'm not sure what I like better, the steak or the grill 🤔.
Yes, it’s a sweet 20 year old grill and still going strong. I know I’ve posted this before, but I can’t help myself.

746FA0FC-0F3C-4BED-94C3-D0A4129FF66F.png

Curious, since you have the WSC/K and the Summit gasser, which one do you think gives you the best tasting steak?
The Summit charcoal grill. Burning charcoal briquettes adds some flavor, burning propane doesn’t.

Yes, it’s a sweet 20 year old grill and still going strong. I know I’ve posted this before, but I can’t help myself.

View attachment 56570

The Summit charcoal grill. Burning charcoal briquettes adds some flavor, burning propane doesn’t.
Hi Chris - I have the same first generation model of the Summit and love it. It is my daily work horse gasser when we are not cooking on charcoal. Cheers!

That would make me sick. And angry. Not much you can do about it, I guess. I worked with a guy whose son got hit in the head with a golf ball...the kid was never quite right. I dunno if he was that way before, but getting hit in the head sure didn't help any.

Nice grill, nice steaks, and a rub that I had not heard of.
Have to give it a try....

Great steaks, and even better looking grill. You do take care of that gasser.
Now how did you like the Kinders buttery steakhouse rub???

Nice grill, nice steaks, and a rub that I had not heard of.
Have to give it a try....
Head up to the Reno Rib Fest, Labor Day weekend and you’ll experience some rib nirvana and a bunch of Kinder’s cooks. Worth every penny to get into the Rib Pavilion. Done it a few times and went home 10# happier each time.

Head up to the Reno Rib Fest, Labor Day weekend and you’ll experience some rib nirvana and a bunch of Kinder’s cooks. Worth every penny to get into the Rib Pavilion. Done it a few times and went home 10# happier each time.
Chicago to Reno is kind of a cruise for me. But for good ribs......

Those look great Chris! Thanks for the heads up on the “Kinders” I was thinking about getting some but, I’ll pass.

Reserve a room at The Nugget in Sparks. Board the California Zephyr in Chicago, get off in Reno, take an Uber to The Nugget. Walk to the Ribfest and enjoy!

From 2008:

Chris, you are really tempting me! I‘ve ridden that run, it’s fun to take the train sometimes, I wish the food was better.
I‘m old enough to remember white linen service on the Southwest limited and the Zephyr. I know they are trying to get some of that elegance back but, can’t say how well they have done yet.
I can’t get do it that weekend, big party here, brisket, butts, mettwurst, corn, all kinds of fun to celebrate my friends and family birthdays!

Back