USDA Prime Ribeye Steaks

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Gold Member
Curious, since you have the WSC/K and the Summit gasser, which one do you think gives you the best tasting steak?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what I like better, the steak or the grill 🤔.
Yes, it’s a sweet 20 year old grill and still going strong. I know I’ve posted this before, but I can’t help myself.

746FA0FC-0F3C-4BED-94C3-D0A4129FF66F.png

Curious, since you have the WSC/K and the Summit gasser, which one do you think gives you the best tasting steak?
The Summit charcoal grill. Burning charcoal briquettes adds some flavor, burning propane doesn’t.

Kelly C

TVWBB Pro
Yes, it’s a sweet 20 year old grill and still going strong. I know I’ve posted this before, but I can’t help myself.

View attachment 56570

The Summit charcoal grill. Burning charcoal briquettes adds some flavor, burning propane doesn’t.
Hi Chris - I have the same first generation model of the Summit and love it. It is my daily work horse gasser when we are not cooking on charcoal. Cheers!

Ed P

TVWBB Emerald Member
That would make me sick. And angry. Not much you can do about it, I guess. I worked with a guy whose son got hit in the head with a golf ball...the kid was never quite right. I dunno if he was that way before, but getting hit in the head sure didn't help any.

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Nice grill, nice steaks, and a rub that I had not heard of.
Have to give it a try....

Kevin L (NKY)

TVWBB Gold Member
Great steaks, and even better looking grill. You do take care of that gasser.
Now how did you like the Kinders buttery steakhouse rub???

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Gold Member
Nice grill, nice steaks, and a rub that I had not heard of.
Have to give it a try....
Head up to the Reno Rib Fest, Labor Day weekend and you’ll experience some rib nirvana and a bunch of Kinder’s cooks. Worth every penny to get into the Rib Pavilion. Done it a few times and went home 10# happier each time.

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Head up to the Reno Rib Fest, Labor Day weekend and you’ll experience some rib nirvana and a bunch of Kinder’s cooks. Worth every penny to get into the Rib Pavilion. Done it a few times and went home 10# happier each time.
Chicago to Reno is kind of a cruise for me. But for good ribs......

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Reserve a room at The Nugget in Sparks. Board the California Zephyr in Chicago, get off in Reno, take an Uber to The Nugget. Walk to the Ribfest and enjoy!

From 2008:

Chris, you are really tempting me! I‘ve ridden that run, it’s fun to take the train sometimes, I wish the food was better.
I‘m old enough to remember white linen service on the Southwest limited and the Zephyr. I know they are trying to get some of that elegance back but, can’t say how well they have done yet.
I can’t get do it that weekend, big party here, brisket, butts, mettwurst, corn, all kinds of fun to celebrate my friends and family birthdays!