Unboxing my 2014 Weber Smokey Mountain

BryceC

Hi all,

After lurking on these boards and others, I finally took the dive and bought myself an 18.5-inch Weber Smokey Mountain. It seems to be the latest model, as the middle section came with a hole and slotted rubber-plug for my digital therm. So far I've only ran a few test burns, but I've got three racks of St. Louis-style ribs in my refrigerator and I might just throw a whole chicken in there for good measure, too.

Thanks for having me.

http://imgur.com/a/VXd0b

She's a beauty Bryce, welcome aboard! :wsm:

UzpL7DBh.jpg

Your going to LOVE cooking on it. I've only used it twice, but Saturday I had 30 people over, and they were acting like I've been doing this for years. I think it's easier than using my old garbage electric smoker.

congrats on the new smoker. I unboxed mine today. it also has the grommet, and the lower racks has handles.
I thought 2014, then looked at the date stamp. AT. (2013)
Smoke on.

You will be glad that you bought it when you are still using it 20 some years from now. Welcome Bryce.

Welcome to the forum Bryce, and Tom.

Soon your addiction will kick in full bore and you'll be posting about great cooks you have done or grills and smokers you found on Craigslist.

Don't forget to post pics of all your cooks, you will make Tony R's day :), and he will reward you with great tales of his wonderful family and their meals

I'm Jealous! You guys are going to love it!!! next step if you don't have it is a Maverick 733 probe thermometer... Did Tri-Tip and Rib Loin Roast last night for Thanksgiving and my family loved it, the Maverick kept me in check and everything turned out perfect!!!

How many Black Friday purchases will last 20 years, never get boring, and bring happiness every time you use it? And you didn't have to stand in line at 4 a.m. to buy it. :)

Several years ago, my wife wanted some brisket tacos after eating them in Fort Worth. I had bad luck the last time I tried to smoke a brisket on my Brinkmann, so I turned to the internet and found this site and forum.

After spending the weekend grinding the threads, watching videos, etc, I ordered the 18.5 WSM. I remember how, like you, we were so excited when it arrived. One of the best purchases I ever made. Gave away the Brinkmann.

Is there any way to tell if it is new new model before you unpack it? I had to special order mine from Lowes and not sure if it is the new one or not?

I'm jealous, I ordered one after I contacted the seller and they assured me they only stocked the new design. I got an old design one.

Congrats on the new WSM Bryce, I have had mine for about 8 months and have bet it to death trying to learn and smoking anything in the store, plus seeing what the people on this site cook I just can not compete with these folks, but i am trying real hard.
I took mine to work and smoked a turkey and I never got seconds or much of a first as i wanted others to try it. All I heard was next time you will have to do two of them. A couple days later I learned that two of the peopl in my office ordered a WSM for themselves. These things are great and when you match with other grills you can really have fun and good food.

Back