Trays that Smokehouse serve Barbecue on?

BruceS

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know where I can purchase the same aluminum trays that smokehouses like Franklin etc... serve barbecue on to customers?

In all honesty, those look like quarter & eighth sheet pans, should be available at any good restaurant supply or online.

I've seen Chris Allingham remark that those could cause the food to lose heat quickly and I have to wonder that myself. I more often see plastic trays. The Franklin trays were plastic if I recall although they do sell some kind of fancier one on their website.

Some places use plastic cafeteria trays, others use generic metal sheet pans about the same dimension.

Probably no big functional difference once you put waxed or butcher paper on as a liner.

Ideally, you get your food and eat it as soon as possible. That works great for craft bbq joints but for full service restaurants it could be a problem. I like very old school getting your meat on just butcher paper with some white bread some raw onions or pickles and a hunk of cheese. No sauce/no forks. I need to get down to Lockhart. I've never been, but back when I was at Texas A&M there was a joint that did it that way that's long gone.

I've never been there but Famous Dave's uses metal garbage can lids for the big orders.
I'm not crazy eating food off a galvanized surface..
1615031512074.png

I refuse to eat off any thing galvanized or cook with it, any thing with acid in it will cause it to leach bad stuff, tomatoes are acidic so bbq sauce will cause it to break down,

There is truth in your words Dustin! Paper is quick as long as you are going to grab, sit and, eat! If you are serving to a family gathering, I’d just warm the aluminum pans, paper them and not worry too much, hey, it’s barbecue! If people complain, they get to do it next time!

What I would like to try one day when lots of friends and family can sit together at a table again is place a large wood serving board on the middle of the table, one that is the length of the table and fill it with all kinds of BBQ, piles and piles. Cover the rest of the table in Butcher paper and a few bowls for the beans. Everyone just digs in and takes what they want, piles it in front of them and pigs out.

What I would like to try one day when lots of friends and family can sit together at a table again is place a large wood serving board on the middle of the table, one that is the length of the table and fill it with all kinds of BBQ, piles and piles. Cover the rest of the table in Butcher paper and a few bowls for the beans. Everyone just digs in and takes what they want, piles it in front of them and pigs out.
I saw a you tube or Tki tox video where someone did the same thing but with nachos.

Back