Traveling Joe.

Jason Noble

TVWBB All-Star
Been wanting to get out of the city and enjoy the spring weather so I decided to head out in to the West desert about 50 miles from my house. I packed the cooler with water, brats and corn on the cob.

I turned off I-80 and headed down some dirt roads. This looks like a good spot. I busted out the Jumbo Joe and fired up some lump. While the grill got hot I did some plinking with my Ruger .22

082 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

My set up.

083 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

I shucked the corn at home and wrapped it in foil with butter.

084 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

085 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Lunch is served.

087 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

All done time to relax before heading home.

088 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

I hope to have many more "traveling Joe" adventures this summer. Thanks for looking.

I LOVE the west! I was born and raised in Boise, Idaho, with plenty of places to do things like that! And, now that I'm in Portland, Oregon, there are STILL lots of places that are close by where you can simply relax and have a great, non-work, non-city time!

Oh, and the brats and corn look delish!

Thanks for sharing!
Barret

That is fantastic. I need to get out of the valley and go check that out sometime. I forget how nice it is outside of the city. Nice job.

Very cool outing and lunch!!! I want to get me a 10-22 also but what the point I can't find any ammo for the darn thing!! :mad:

I'm gonna have to call BS on this one!
Everyone knows you can't find any .22 ammo for you to go plinking!
All kidding aside, what a great way to get away for just an afternoon! Great setup, great view, and an awesome meal! Great post, thanks for sharing!
Tim

But seriously, Where did you find .22 ammo?!?

You made my day! Been house bound for to long, no excuses for me I can go shooting within 20 minutes from my house. No problem with ammo here with J&G one of the largest mail order gun shops in the country in town. The weather is going to be great today almost 80, I'm out of here!

I'm gonna have to call BS on this one!
Everyone knows you can't find any .22 ammo for you to go plinking!
All kidding aside, what a great way to get away for just an afternoon! Great setup, great view, and an awesome meal! Great post, thanks for sharing!
Tim

But seriously, Where did you find .22 ammo?!?

I bought 4 500 round bricks like 7 years ago at Walmart and still have more than 3/4 left. I keep the rounds in an old ammo can and with the dry climate here I have no problems.

Back