Throwdown #28: T-Bone Steaks

ir2ssn.jpg

1 1/2 inch T-Bones Reverse Seared

Picked up these T-Bones for Throwdown 28. Used a reverse sear on this cook. Sided with grilled corn and grilled beans. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Here we go.

This was a fun cook. Thanks for looking!!

Salted T-Bone

When I first read that T-Bone is going to be our challenge, I got really excited. I absolutely love beef! So, when I thought of a way to prep it, I totally wanted to try a different way to tenderize it. I decided to heavily coated with kosher salt. OMG, what amazing result! This T-Bone was so juice and tender, and not salty at all. You need to give this a try. Also, with T-Bones being the star of this challenge, I wanted to showcase it by its self. I will probably do most of my steaks this way. I do have to admit that I was scared at first. Just try it out!!!

The his and her of T-Bones

Her's coated with Webers salt free steak seasonong and his heavily coated with kosher salt

Salted for 1 hour
(only salt for 1 hour/inch)

Rinsed with water

Getting a beautiful sear

Ain't it beautiful

Trust me guys and gals, it was amazing!! It is not salty at all. Please, please, give it a try! LMK what you think

My wife went into Portland Friday, so I asked her to stop by one of our favorite butchers, Gartners, and grab some T-Bones.

19234858625_4d13901fc3_c.jpg

She came back with these monsters - now, I'm not entirely sure if these are T-bones - They sort of looked Porterhouse-ish to me, but I'm going to roll with it. They are 1" & 3/4 Carlton Farms beef. I'm thinking these should work out nicely....
18612366244_bb08c6c640.jpg
19238597391_fd96b6ab32.jpg

I made a sauce out of Weber's Art Of Grilling. We've done this reduction sauce many times before, and we absolutely love it. It's beef / wine / balsamic vinegar & vegetable thing. About 7 cups of liquid to start, and you wind up with about 1/2 a cup. It is packed with flavor.

19048692059_8332bd0e47_c.jpg

The Northwest is absolutely frying this weekend - We got up to 103 yesterday, and there are red flag warnings for fire danger. I sort of felt compelled to keep a watch on old number 1 out there.

19048688879_22abf14349_c.jpg

I seasoned these guys and let them rest for about an hour before putting them on.

19238589691_726f5c7709_c.jpg

Action shot!

19234844435_2d7e8fb3a3_b.jpg

Plated with some Pesto pasta (Garlic and Basil from the garden) and some corn - The corn is finally getting good around here - Still not local, but we are getting some tasty stuff

19208741506_06b6ab5328_b.jpg[

And one more - I slept well last night :)

and a little dinner music...

ok here we go I am intimidated by the fine entries, great job everyone.

one pound lump in a chimney , one T-bone steak/Porterhouse.I had to correct my butcher , he said something along the line of "ya either way"

T-bone throw down by bentnbroken, on Flickr

after 1 min 30 sec on each side under chimney , switched up top to pre heated grate

sliced , presented and eaten

Throw Down complete!!!!

Last edited:
Awe man, I missed it, unless you accept late entries? plz?

late entries will not be accepted....
I just missed it also.

I planned to enter and have my photos ready to post today. Next time we need to pay attention....lol

Back