This ain't your daddy's porkchops

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
SWMBO and I went to Costco and picked up a jumbo pack of inch and a quarter loin chops. We divided it into three porkchop vac packs. I dry brined a pack while I got a chimney of RO fired up.

I found a recipe to get a TBS of oil in a skillet rocket hot and then place the porkchops in it for 3 to 4 minutes, flip them, move them to an 400* oven and let them cook for 7 to 8 minutes. I replaced the stove for the direct heat and oven for the indirect heat on the Kettle.

But I couldn't stop there, I found an Onion and Ale sauce recipe to use my brown ale. I sautéed some onions added some chicken stock and my ale and reduced it. I added a Bay leaf, Brown Sugar, and some Herb de Provence, and finished up with some butter and just a touch of vinegar.

Spooned the sauce over my porkchops, served alongside SWMBO's world famous black-eyed peas and cornbread muffins.

This was a VERY tasty meal! And to top it off Dallas won!

Last edited:
Everything looks great. You need to post the recipes for all that. My Bills lost another heartbreaker but the Crimson Tide got it done barely.

The sauce made the meal! Thanks to America's Test Kitchen.

I saw that sauce on one of their shows. My luck with test kitchen recipes has left a lot to be desired over the years, though I find many of their techniques quite useful...........................d

Very nice looking chops!!! I haven't priced it out recently but it used be if you bought a whole pork loin and cut it up yourself you saved yourself a pretty good chunk of change.

SWMBO and I went to Costco and picked up a jumbo pack of inch and a quarter loin chops.
Spooned the sauce over my porkchops, served alongside SWMBO's world famous black-eyed peas and cornbread muffins.

This was a VERY tasty meal! And to top it off Dallas won!

O- My- Goodness , that looks so good. This is "next level" stuff , bro. Nice work.

Back