Thinking about a Weber Kettle 26er

If your wife has a favorite color find the closest match on weber.com and say it is because she loves that color. :p

Honestly, I have probably purchased 9+ grills in the past year and a half (some of them keepers, some to trade, some for parts) and I would probably have more if it wasn't for all of this COVID-19 stuff slowing me down from finding vintage. Tell them you got a good deal, that it is rare, that you couldn't help yourself, and etc.. Honestly, everyone has their own hobbie/thing that spouses tend to have to accept it in my opinion. Just make sure you are doing what you can to make it up to them for your hobbie/thing.
I’m getting ready to buy a WSM 14.5 and tell the wife it’s for her. I don’t need it, but I saw one the other day and the mini is pretty cool.

I keep a pretty close eye on facebook for Weber grills. Since December I've only seen one 26"er in the Atlanta area and it was selling for $200. They don't pop up very often in my neck of the woods.
I have alerts set up for all things Weber and I’ve never seen a 26er in my area so far. I move every three years or so though so that probably doesn’t help.

So did you need to fabricate the spit for it or is there something available already?
I made a sheet metal extension ring that I drilled to accept the roti set up. Pretty basic. The roti is an only fire plug in model that I bought that works with my weber gasser and also works on the 26"

I made a sheet metal extension ring that I drilled to accept the roti set up. Pretty basic. The roti is an only fire plug in model that I bought that works with my weber gasser and also works on the 26"
Thanks, I was wondering if the gasser spit would be a good fit.

Finally picked up a 26"er today on FB. Came with a big SS table and I paid $100.

Going to cook some ribs on it tomorrow, not sure if I'll hang on to it. Definitely selling the table, no room for the table.

Wife will probably not be happy if I decide to keep it, we'll see how she handles the ribs tomorrow

20200424_194818.jpg

That's a great price for a used 26" Kyle. I waited awhile for a used 26 on CL/Offer Up but it never came up. I finally caved and bought it when it was still $299, however, after an Amazon gift card and some Discover rewards points the final price came out to $206. If I did find a used one for $100 as you did I would have bought that one instead.

Finally picked up a 26"er today on FB. Came with a big SS table and I paid $100.

Going to cook some ribs on it tomorrow, not sure if I'll hang on to it. Definitely selling the table, no room for the table.

Wife will probably not be happy if I decide to keep it, we'll see how she handles the ribs tomorrow

View attachment 3581
Kyle,

Did you get that $100 stainless Plum Performer that was in Marietta too.

Yep. The deep purple color. Had been listed on Marketplace 26 minutes when I inquired and someone was already on the way to get it.
Wow, not sure I've seen that color before

This 26"er is nice to cook on. Was very easy to control the temp. The lid is heavy compared to a 22".

The bowl on this one has some issues. The outside, not the inside has porcelain problems. See picture, still cooks like a champ. It also came with a SS table with a circle cutout. Trying to sell the table for $30 now, it's too bulky for me

20200424_182515.jpg

20200424_190428.jpg

I just bought one from Amazon for 100 bucks off. They have a deal where if you sign up for their new credit card and get it they will knock 100 dollars off the price. I was on the fence about getting one but for the 100 off I couldn't resist.

I just bought one from Amazon for 100 bucks off. They have a deal where if you sign up for their new credit card and get it they will knock 100 dollars off the price. I was on the fence about getting one but for the 100 off I couldn't resist.
That's a great deal. Too bad I already have their CC.

Wow, not sure I've seen that color before

This 26"er is nice to cook on. Was very easy to control the temp. The lid is heavy compared to a 22".

The bowl on this one has some issues. The outside, not the inside has porcelain problems. See picture, still cooks like a champ. It also came with a SS table with a circle cutout. Trying to sell the table for $30 now, it's too bulky for me

View attachment 3667

View attachment 3668
That table is really sweet! I wish I could buy it from you.

Here's mine. A last year of the old "flat top" that has been modified with a full ash container AND stainless charcoal grate and Killa Grilla stainless cooking grate:

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

Back