The Stuffed Burger Challenge

Beautiful, Clint. You grabbed me with the spinach. I'd rather have spinach than dessert. I just might have to try that.

As strange as it might seem, I have never stuffed a burger in my life. What's wrong with me? But it's never too late to start, right? In lieu of an original, might I submit a Double Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt?

It's up to Len Dennis to carry the torch.

Rita

Reuben burger.

Here's my contribution.

Reuben burgers with homemade 1000 island dressing and smoked pastrami. Also added Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.

035 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Also made an unstuffed burger for the wife. I just mixed in some pastrami on that one.

048 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
050 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
054 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Turned out very juicy with some good char. Should of used rye bread. Lots of great looking burgers on this one.

Beautiful, Clint. You grabbed me with the spinach. I'd rather have spinach than dessert. I just might have to try that.

As strange as it might seem, I have never stuffed a burger in my life. What's wrong with me? But it's never too late to start, right? In lieu of an original, might I submit a Double Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt?

It's up to Len Dennis to carry the torch.

Rita

I can't wait to see yours! I'd never stuffed a burger, either, but I'm glad I did! Don't ask me to choose a favorite - they both were wonderful. A little more work, yes, but it really showed. Mine went down a little too easily and quickly..........

Len, unfortunately says he doesn't grill at this time of year (30 degrees below freezing), so we need to either have him do it indoors, or I might need to choose someone else.....

Here's my contribution.

Reuben burgers with homemade 1000 island dressing and smoked pastrami. Also added Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.

035 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Also made an unstuffed burger for the wife. I just mixed in some pastrami on that one.

048 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
050 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
054 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Turned out very juicy with some good char. Should of used rye bread. Lots of great looking burgers on this one.

Jason, I'm getting the impression that there's as many kinds of stuffed burgers as there are people :)

Great stuff so far! I haven't forgotten about this, but life has gotten in the way. I already know what I'm doing, but it'll be Wednesday or Thursday before I can get to it.

(almost chose a reuben burger. glad I didn't. Jason's looks delicious)

Very creative burger Jason - a real deli inspiration. I bet the flavor profile on that one was over the top good! You still need to call out two competitors for the next round...

Regards,

John

A Stuffed Burger Challenge Proposal:

Hello All,

I have been marveling at the ideas coming out of this challenge. The creativity and quality of product hitting this forum is nothing short of astounding. Consequently I propose that we assemble a collection of stuffed burger recipes from the challenge and make sort of a Stuffed Burger e-Cookbook. I volunteer to put it together if competitors will provide their recipes. Maybe we could ask Chris to make a spot for it (a forum perhaps). If everyone likes the idea, this could become a model for future challenges and could result in advancing the state of the art for grilling. Heck in the right format it might even generate some revenue for our favorite grilling BB. What do y'all think?

Regards,

John

A Stuffed Burger Challenge Proposal:

Hello All,

I have been marveling at the ideas coming out of this challenge. The creativity and quality of product hitting this forum is nothing short of astounding. Consequently I propose that we assemble a collection of stuffed burger recipes from the challenge and make sort of a Stuffed Burger e-Cookbook. I volunteer to put it together if competitors will provide their recipes. Maybe we could ask Chris to make a spot for it (a forum perhaps). If everyone likes the idea, this could become a model for future challenges and could result in advancing the state of the art for grilling. Heck in the right format it might even generate some revenue for our favorite grilling BB. What do y'all think?

Regards,

John

Good idea John.

If anyone here is nominated and for whatever reason is not able to present his cook, he/she should be able to transfer the right to another member? I think, should choose another member who wants to continue. This will be benefit us all.

Last edited:
If anyone here is nominated and for whatever reason is not able to present his cook, he should be able to transfer the right to another member? I think, should choose another member who wants to continue. This will be benefit us all.
Totally agree!
Since these type things are really not my cup of tea, I hereby pass the torch to Mildo.
And I must say, you have your work cut out for you brother if you choose to accept.
Outstanding entries everyone!!

I don't comment in the pic section very often but all of the creativity in these post is really impressive. Great job by all of you and I will continue to enjoy seeing the different creations you come up with.

Apple and Brie Stuffed Burger with Balsamic Glaze

Allright. Finally got to do this tonight. An Apple/Brie stuffed burger with a balsamic vinegar glaze.

First, diced up some brie and a Fuji. In retrospect, I'd go with a Granny Smith or something else with some more 'tart'.

Assembled, but not yet topped:

At the turn, on the Performer, over Wegmans lump:

All done and resting for a few (I went traditional with the wife's and kids' burgers):

And finally plated up with some oven fries.

Fun challenge, John. Thanks for getting it started.

I challenge Chris Lynch and Dave_H to try this out. Fire 'em up guys, and show us how its done!!

Wow Jim - what a twist. I never would have thought of using apple. That is one great looking burger. I can't imagine what comes next...

Regards,

John

Back