The Searwood has arrived!

Dang a slate and a searwood. Nice.
I’m really thinking about the new rust proof slate.
Yea. I got sick of my Genesis Gas. Wanted to try something new. Couldn’t decide on the griddle or the pellet so I got both. Haha. I’ve had the Slate for about a month and love it so far. Hoping I will love the Searwood too. I plan on doing the burn in tomorrow evening under my covered porch for now. Maybe cooking a whole chicken or just some chicken breasts for first cook.

Nice! Are all the internal parts stainless steel? Also, I want to know if ash builds up on the bottom shelf between the legs of the Searwood.

Seems like a nice looking grill, and that's pretty fantastic that you were able to get the slate as well. I think that looks like one helluva griddle setup! Good luck with them both!

Nice! Are all the internal parts stainless steel? Also, I want to know if ash builds up on the bottom shelf between the legs of the Searwood.
Looks like all the parts internally are stainless. The flavorizer bar is a thinner gauge than the ones in my Genesis. The bottom heat deflector is also thin and possibly a different stainless. Not sure though.

It sure is a beauty,

Due to some of the parts being on the thinner gauge side I’m not sold yet, looking forward to real life cooks.

Currently hoping to keep my SmokeFire going another couple of summers.

It sure is a beauty,

Due to some of the parts being on the thinner gauge side I’m not sold yet, looking forward to real life cooks.

Currently hoping to keep my SmokeFire going another couple of summers.
I am watching. I did think that it was an improvement to cast the holders for the flavorizer bar right into the aluminum. A lot better than the holders on the SmokeFIre that I have heard are prone to rust failure.

A quick search near me... including all local Ace Hardware stores shows zero availability of Searwoods. Ace down the road allocates floor space to: 1.Weber 2.BGE 3.Traeger
Weber gas grills have the most space.

It's April... should start seeing new stuff now or very soon.
I might be down there today for dog food so I'm going to have a look.

Back