The Searwood has arrived!

Saw a post on Facebook with a few videos. His wife apparently works for Weber so he's had the Searwood for a few months. He was searing steaks and there were definitely flames/flareups from the grease catching fire on the flavorizer bar. Looks like it could be a good grill.
I noticed that one, too. Certainly looks promising. I really hope Weber knocks it out of the part with this one!

Saw a post on Facebook with a few videos. His wife apparently works for Weber so he's had the Searwood for a few months. He was searing steaks and there were definitely flames/flareups from the grease catching fire on the flavorizer bar. Looks like it could be a good grill.
Can you post a link to these? I can't seem to locate them.

Thanks for showing the grease and ash management system. Looks way better than the Smokefire, as the grease was actually collecting in the drip pan and it wasn't a sludge. Matt Herzig has a lot of info on the Searwood too, he even DM me about some info. Glad Weber decided that a revision was needed and hopefully it's much better than the previous model. Keep us updated on what you like and dislike about the Searwood, thank you!

I see the Searwood is made in China. I guess that explains the lower price. What other Weber product lines are made in China these days?

I see the Searwood is made in China. I guess that explains the lower price. What other Weber product lines are made in China these days?
Lots of them. Spirit, many Genesis models, I am sure most of the components of the Summits if not entirely, Even if the box says "Assembled in USA" I'll lay odds they're more than 80% Chinese content. Sadly

Finally got a few bone in NY Strips on the Searwood tonight. Smoked with Pit Boss Mesquite pellets at 225*F until internal was 105. Rested and cranked up to 600. It took about 5 minutes to get there. Seared on both sides to 125 internal and removed. Not sure if other pellet grills do this but entire diffuser above fire box glowed red at 600. It sears nice! So far very happy with the Searwood. A313B8B2-59FC-4D9F-958E-C9468F547299.jpeg

Attachments

• D98218E2-B35F-48D1-9F7D-A060070FDC68.jpeg
    D98218E2-B35F-48D1-9F7D-A060070FDC68.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 7
Finally got a few bone in NY Strips on the Searwood tonight. Smoked with Pit Boss Mesquite pellets at 225*F until internal was 105. Rested and cranked up to 600. It took about 5 minutes to get there. Seared on both sides to 125 internal and removed. Not sure if other pellet grills do this but entire diffuser above fire box glowed red at 600. It sears nice! So far very happy with the Searwood. View attachment 89103
Be fascinating to see how these hold up. I’m determined high heat killed the internals in my SmokeFire.

By the looks of it that fancy 2 way diffuser is stainless, that should certainly help.

Finally got a few bone in NY Strips on the Searwood tonight. Smoked with Pit Boss Mesquite pellets at 225*F until internal was 105. Rested and cranked up to 600. It took about 5 minutes to get there. Seared on both sides to 125 internal and removed. Not sure if other pellet grills do this but entire diffuser above fire box glowed red at 600. It sears nice! So far very happy with the Searwood. View attachment 89103
I think it's normal to glow red, a guy on FB sent me some videos and his was red hot too. I'd love to see the sear on the finished product!

I think it's normal to glow red, a guy on FB sent me some videos and his was red hot too. I'd love to see the sear on the finished product!
Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of the steaks. I’m the primary cook in the house and my wife was at the gym and my girls were waiting for dinner to be ready after their track practice. Potatoes in oven. Ugh! Need my sous chef wife back to assist. I’ll definitely get some sear pics next time.

I had the opportunity to play with one the other day; albeit was a limited amount of time. The diffuser and flavorizer are stainless. The diffuser is much heavier duty than the canopy over the fire pot on my smoke fire.

Overall, I was impressed. Given the functionality and options it presents, I am really leaning to replacing my smoke fire with one. I tried to get it to “hiccup” by changing settings on it multiple times- going from smokeboost to 350, to setting for open cooking at several temps, then firing it up to 600 and then back down to 275. No issues with any of it.

Did not actually cook on it as it was late in the evening when we built.

I expected to see a high amount of pellet burn when we had it cranked up. While there was some, it was lower than I thought it would be. I have the large Smokefire and when set to 600, the pellet burn is fairly noticeable. The Searwood we were on is the smaller one- but when we had it set for open lid cooking and then set to 600, it did not appear that pellets were burning all that quick. Don’t know if the change of design on the hopper made it less noticeable, but the perception was more efficient.

I had the opportunity to play with one the other day; albeit was a limited amount of time. The diffuser and flavorizer are stainless. The diffuser is much heavier duty than the canopy over the fire pot on my smoke fire.

Overall, I was impressed. Given the functionality and options it presents, I am really leaning to replacing my smoke fire with one. I tried to get it to “hiccup” by changing settings on it multiple times- going from smokeboost to 350, to setting for open cooking at several temps, then firing it up to 600 and then back down to 275. No issues with any of it.

Did not actually cook on it as it was late in the evening when we built.

I expected to see a high amount of pellet burn when we had it cranked up. While there was some, it was lower than I thought it would be. I have the large Smokefire and when set to 600, the pellet burn is fairly noticeable. The Searwood we were on is the smaller one- but when we had it set for open lid cooking and then set to 600, it did not appear that pellets were burning all that quick. Don’t know if the change of design on the hopper made it less noticeable, but the perception was more efficient.
Great info!! Thank you.

Back