The Searwood has arrived!

The nomenclature behind the biscuit test is synonymous with ensuring the doneness of the different biscuits, it will give you an idea of where your smokers hot & cold spots are. This practice is usually always performed in the offset smoker world.

Looks like a great grill. Thanks for the biscuit test; that provided a great visual.

I too am on the fence. Love my large Smokefire, but do see this as potentially reducing one, or maybe (a very weak maybe) two of my grills. Certainly the versatility that they are advertising has me very intrigued.

I just purchased the griddle accessory for my Genesis gas grill. I think I might keep,it set up in that mode, then use my kettle for grilling and BBq. OR I will get the Searwood for my smoker and grill.

At least you got to see one in person. Way out of my price range, but I still like some things about it.
It was interesting. They had the older model Summit sitting a few feet from the new version. I think they had a reduced price tag on it of $2500.
It's been sitting at that price for at least 6 weeks now. I doubt most of their customers would care about cast aluminum vs enameled steel cook boxes.

That sure is some clean grease in the pan. That never happened on the SmokeFire. More a muddy mix of ash and some grease.
Interesting!!
Yea I thought the same thing about the grease in the pan. Doesn’t seem to have a lot of ash in it. We’ll see when I do some low and slow cooks.
Forgot which one of you asked about ash on the lower shelf. There was none after this cook.

Saw a post on Facebook with a few videos. His wife apparently works for Weber so he's had the Searwood for a few months. He was searing steaks and there were definitely flames/flareups from the grease catching fire on the flavorizer bar. Looks like it could be a good grill.

Back