The Occasional Brisket

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
for no special occasion.... cooked a 13 1/2 pound Costco prime in the stick-burner yesterday.
Gave it a light coating of salt & pepper and then a heavy coat of OakRidge Black Ops.

PICT3517_zps5gd56t08.jpg

About 2 hours in. Temps ranged between 270* to 330*. Mesquite for fuel.

PICT3527_zpspmh67uci.jpg

Wrapped it in butcher paper at the 2 1/2 hour mark. Had an internal temp of 171*.

Probed tender & pulled after 4 1/2 hours in the cooker with an internal temp of 206*. I let it vent for 20 minutes, wrapped it in foil & into a cooler for 3 hours.
And then opened the little bundle of joy.

PICT3539_zpsk5bsf7wu.jpg

Sliced it up.

PICT3554_zps1km51xd1.jpg

Served with the world's best potato salad made by my wife & some grilled corn. Time to eat!

PICT3557_zpsnotdizlg.jpg

It was great! Tender & moist. Couldn't believe that it was a 4 1/2 hour cook.

Cut enough off the flat for several sandwiches & gave it to my neighbor while still warm. He's 86 & recently lost his wife.

Last edited:
Tasty looking brisket. I'm sure your neighbor really appreciates the gesture.

Robert you nailed that one, it looks so delicious. It's get you thought of your neighbor at this time, I'm sure it was greatly appreciated.

Great looking smoke ring on that brisket. Always do mine low and slow but yours could cause one to think about HH. Always a good thing to look out for your neighbors, especially those that are older and alone. When people are alone, it is a wonderful feeling to realize that others care about them. You did a wonderful thing.

That was a very kind gesture by looking after the old fellah next door. It doesn't take much to keep a discreet eye on the older folks, & make sure they are ok. Well done you Mate.
I bet he enjoyed that brisket.

Last edited:

Back