The Most Ugliest but Delicious Meatloaf in Town Tonight!

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Tonight’s dinner is meatloaf and fried potatoes with onions. The meatloaf recipe:

1.5 lbs. 80/20 hamburger
1/3 cup of Romano seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
¼ cup diced onions
¼ cup diced green peppers
1/3 cup homemade BBQ sauce
S&P
2 tbsps. Grey Poupon Country Dijon mustard
6 slices of Virginia ham
6 slices of Mozzarella/Cheddar cheese
1 cup of chopped broccoli spears
¼ cup of mushrooms

Mixed the first 6 ingredients with the hamburger. Flattened the burger then painted about 2
tablespoons of Grey Poupon Country Dijon mustard on the meatloaf. I then added 3 slices of
cheese and then topped the cheese with 3 slices of ham. Repeated this with the remaining 3
slices of cheese and ham. Rolled up and placed on parchment paper and seasoned with Weber's
Garlic and Herb. Potatoes were also seasoned with the Weber Garlic and Herb.
DSC_0786_zps716407a0.jpg

Put onto the Performer using RO lump and 2 chunks of cherry wood.
DSC_0790_zpsebea10a4.jpg

Potatoes and meatloaf just about ready to come off the grill. Looks like I should have used more
burger in the recipe or less ingredients as it is definitely falling apart.
DSC_0793_zpseee69f6c.jpg

Plated and as you can see it definitely fell apart and looking ugly delicious! :p
DSC_0801_zps29084771.jpg

It may have fallen apart but the combinations of flavors were out of this world. I will do this one
again but make a change to either the amount of hamburger or the amount of filling.

Thanks for looking!

Mike - we here all know not to judge a book by it's cover - It might not be appealing to someone that doesn't do bbq / grilling - but it looks darn good to these eyes!

When my mom's pies would fall apart she would say "These will taste even better than ever" and they did.
I'm sure that held (no pun intended) true for your meatloaf Mike!
Top notch cook and pics my friend!

I'll be right over for a plate of that "ugly" meatloaf!!!

looks deelish.......like the idea of incorporating veggies into the meatloaf, going to give it a try VERY soon....maybe tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! :) And I have to agree with everybody that as long as it's
edible and everyone enjoys it, who cares what it looks like. ;)

mike, imagine how your meat loaf NOW looks AFTER you've eetin it...
OK...
SO... Great LOOKIN'COOKIN'Mike!!
:cool:

"An amateur throws away food. A chef eats his disasters". Because they are still tasty!

Last edited:
Very nice meatloaf, she might not be the prettiest girl at the ball but she'll turn a head or two!!

Back