The Humor Thread

Never did AOL or MySpace.
I never did MySpace, but I did all the rest.

We had this thread going for a couple of years...

No AOL or MySpace.

You're older if you ever bought from a J.C. Whitney or Sears Roebuck catalog. Older yet if you remember when a transistor radios quality was rated by the number of transistors.
My folks bought everything from Sears & Roebuck back in the day; even the seat belts my Dad installed in the 1962 Ford Galaxy 500 that my folks had. Back then, cars didn't come with seat belts from the factory.
As for the transistor count in radios, I think that was a holdover from tube radios - the more tubes or transistors, the better they had to sound(!).
Regarding the survey, I had 20 out of 24. No AOL, except for the coasters, err, I mean the disks they used to mail out. No MySpace. No Atari, though I recall using a friend's Magnavox Odyssey...even older. Lastly, I didn't do the Columbia House thing; never had enough money back then.

My folks bought everything from Sears & Roebuck back in the day; even the seat belts my Dad installed in the 1962 Ford Galaxy 500 that my folks had. Back then, cars didn't come with seat belts from the factory.
As for the transistor count in radios, I think that was a holdover from tube radios - the more tubes or transistors, the better they had to sound(!).
Regarding the survey, I had 20 out of 24. No AOL, except for the coasters, err, I mean the disks they used to mail out. No MySpace. No Atari, though I recall using a friend's Magnavox Odyssey...even older. Lastly, I didn't do the Columbia House thing; never had enough money back then.
You're probably not going to believe this, but when Columbia House was sinking fast, they actually sent me a demand letter, saying I hadn't fulfilled my membership obligation. I told them to pound sand and prove it in court. Never heard from them again.

Back