The Humor Thread

I have a friend who is terrified of them for just this reason. Modern ones have multiple safety systems built in. She actually bought an InstaPot a few years ago and it's never been out of the box. I have 3 Fagor Stove Top units. I love them
Those are beauties imo. Fagor America clised a few years ago. Wondering if their Spanish retailer is still out there? You would know, I'm guessing.

My mom loved hers.

I don't know much about them. But I remember seeing Presto cookers for years in hardware stores (back when there were Hardware stores).

I don't know much about them. But I remember seeing Presto cookers for years in hardware stores (back when there were Hardware stores).
Prestos are dead simple cookers. There is a pressure interlock to prevent opening the lid under pressure, there's the jiggler weight (my mother's had 2 removable rings so she could choose 5, 10 or 15 lbs,) an overpressure diaphragm, and a gasket. No pressure release like a Fagor, to quick cool a Presto, you run cold water over it until the interlock releases. My g/f lost the overpressure diaphragm once and thought it was going to be a major parts finding expedition, the local Ace had one on the shelf.

I'd always been taught to NEVER disturb or move a hot pressure cooker as a kid. The first time I saw someone do a quick cool on a Presto, I dove around the corner. My buddy, who was making us pressure cooker pot roast, just about died laughing before explaining.

Prestos are dead simple cookers. There is a pressure interlock to prevent opening the lid under pressure, there's the jiggler weight (my mother's had 2 removable rings so she could choose 5, 10 or 15 lbs,) an overpressure diaphragm, and a gasket. No pressure release like a Fagor, to quick cool a Presto, you run cold water over it until the interlock releases. My g/f lost the overpressure diaphragm once and thought it was going to be a major parts finding expedition, the local Ace had one on the shelf.

I'd always been taught to NEVER disturb or move a hot pressure cooker as a kid. The first time I saw someone do a quick cool on a Presto, I dove around the corner. My buddy, who was making us pressure cooker pot roast, just about died laughing before explaining.
Yeah, the dead simple part is what I like. Maybe we should start a pressure cooker thread? Rather than hijack this one. Because honestly they're wonderful things and in this group we can all share ideas. Regardless of if you have an automatic countertop or like us prefer to do it "manually"

Back