The Humor Thread

Rear Adm. Dan Gallery (nut case US Naval officer who masterminded the capture of the U-505) had a tale about a news paper report on an insane asylum inmate who abused a nurse and escape. It was entitled "Nut screws and bolts." :)

Last one for me...I promise.

I was driving past a prison the other day, and saw a midget climbing down the outer fence in an apparent escape, and pointed it out to my wife. She said he'd never make it because his arms and legs were too short and he couldn't possibly go fast enough. I said, "That's a little condescending."

I wonder how many are too young to remember when this was the only air conditioning available for cars.
35 here. That was called 2 55/60 or 4 55/60 air conditioning. My mind is also old enough to remember some cars had venting under the body that would let air in through the vents in the foot boxes to give better airflow.

Oh, and some cars had high beam switches on the floors too.

And Armstrong steering
I miss those old style triangular shaped windows on the front of pick up truck doors that directed the air directly into the cab. Those were the best. My dad had an old 68 or 69 Ford 1 ton with "armstrong steering" too. The steering on that rig was so sloppy... it was more like herding sheep down the road than driving a car...

If you ever want to test an igniter, put your fingers on the terminals and hit the button. If you've ever had your fingers slip off the B&S kill switch on the old lawnmowers as a kid and hit the spark plug while the motor was running, well, it's about 1/100,000th that bad and it's only very momentary, but yeah...that good ol' HELLO wake-me-up-and-make-me-pay-attention moment is there.

If you ever want to test an igniter, put your fingers on the terminals and hit the button. If you've ever had your fingers slip off the B&S kill switch on the old lawnmowers as a kid and hit the spark plug while the motor was running, well, it's about 1/100,000th that bad and it's only very momentary, but yeah...that good ol' HELLO wake-me-up-and-make-me-pay-attention moment is there.
Yep, didn't take but one time on the mower for me to learn to use my shoe.

Got mine yesterday and wondered what was in the box that I needed to disconnect the power for. When I opened it up I started laughing.

Back