The Humor Thread

funny-pun-husky-meme-glue-piano.jpg

Instead of getting a refill at the hardware store you go to Taco Bell...

...and it segues nicely into this:

Apparently Haribo Sugar Free Gummi Bears used an artificial sweetener that had adverse digestive effects on a number of people. Here's the Amazon link for them (they're now discontinued, I guess), but what you really want to read are the customer questions and the reviews. I will forewarn you by saying that "bathroom humor" is a very appropriate description, so read at your own peril:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006J1FBLM/tvwb-20

Last edited:
It sure looks like it, as some of the Q&A responses accurately describe the sweetener (Lycasin). Here's a science-y explanation:

It sure looks like it, as some of the Q&A responses accurately describe the sweetener (Lycasin). Here's a science-y explanation:

It most certainly *IS* real, I can confirm similar experiences, but with other candies using maltitol and similar sugars. The sweeteners are also known as sugar alcohols, are generally non-digestible, so you can't gain calories, but are digestible by intestinal flora, leading to this [inevitable] result. Eat more than a couple, and you're sitting on a volcano. And peeling paint.

Instead of getting a refill at the hardware store you go to Taco Bell...

...and it segues nicely into this:

Apparently Haribo Sugar Free Gummi Bears used an artificial sweetener that had adverse digestive effects on a number of people. Here's the Amazon link for them (they're now discontinued, I guess), but what you really want to read are the customer questions and the reviews. I will forewarn you by saying that "bathroom humor" is a very appropriate description, so read at your own peril:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006J1FBLM/?tag=TVWB-20

I know it's not nice to laugh at another person's peril but, reviewer "Derek" paints quite the picture. "Oh lord, was that you?" I could not stop laughing.
As a side note: I never understood the point of "Gummi vitamins"

As a side note: I never understood the point of "Gummi vitamins"
I don't care for the whole gummy candy/vitamin/anything idea, but at least some of those vitamins have an especially unpleasant texture and mouthfeel. When our grandson spent a couple of days with us recently our daughter told us that he had to be prodded to take his vitamins, and after trying one it was easy to see why. A good old Flintstone chewable solved the problem.;)

Back