The horror!

My better halves 10 yo son has ate his last Wagyu burger. I watched in horror as he topped this delectable, juicy, flavorful, med-rare gourmet pattie with like 5 tbsp of ketchup! I dont care how close you are to me, or how much I love you, but to drown a $8 burger in ketchup, doesn't sit well with this one. Time to pick up some frozen boxed pattie for him going forward, I just cant do it, lol!

g7oNQ4a.jpg

Over the years, my m-i-l has learned that I will happily microwave her beef to eradicate any hint of red, pink, or anything but grey...... I do love her dearly, so, while it pains me, I do it for her. I will not, however, force everyone else to eat overcooked beef! :)

R

PS: I also always have gravy on hand just for her, so she can eat her dried out pieces of steak, roast, etc.

I have been telling my boys for years its insulting to the chef to use steak sauce on steaks or crackers in soup. They don't listen if I'm the chef. :LOL:

What? :D

When the waitress asks me if I need A1 or Heinz 57, I usually respond that if I need those, I should probably order something different. Basic hamburgers, hot dogs, etc...... gotta have ketchup. There's no way I'd dress OP's burger without at least trying it first.

What and what amounts of dressings I put on a burger depend on what kind of burger, how it was made, who made it, and what other toppings (grilled onions, bacon, jalapenos, cheese, etc.) are on it. The one in the OP would get nothing.

This will open a can of worms and I'll probably regret asking, but who, if anyone, considers Miracle Whip acceptable?

This will open a can of worms and I'll probably regret asking, but who, if anyone, considers Miracle Whip acceptable?

Gimme a few minutes to go grab a beer and make some popcorn, this is gonna get crazy.....

I grew up on Miracle Whip. And I've learned to make mayonnaise from scratch. Big advantage to that is that I can flavor & season it how I want, and tailored to whatever I'm putting it on. Something like that would never have happened in the kitchen when I was growing up.

I grew up on Miracle Whip.
Same here, but over time it got to be too sweet for me and I switched to mayo. When I was little the only way I'd eat broccoli was if it had a nice coating of MW.

For hot dogs, brats, burgers, etc. I prefer nothing but mustard, and sometimes a little Secret Stadium Sauce.

I do know that my personal tastes are a little.... odd. I do not care for the taste of mustards in the least, and while I do enjoy the flavors of most vinegars, I don't care for pickles at all. Raw onions are also right out (and I'll clear the room shortly thereafter.)

What and what amounts of dressings I put on a burger depend on what kind of burger, how it was made, who made it, and what other toppings (grilled onions, bacon, jalapenos, cheese, etc.) are on it. The one in the OP would get nothing.

Dont get me wrong, I love dressed burgers, and there is nothing wrong with loading up some 80/20 grocery store ground beef, but Wagyu has such a delicious beefy taste, I want to augment that taste, not mask it with ketchup, which is what too much ketchup will do. Im not telling people HOW to eat, rather, not going to spend $8 for a burger, and watch a 10 year old pour a 1/4 cup of ketchup on it! Its Bubba Burgers for him!

Back