The BOSS Is Home!

been scouring CL for the last 2 years... every time one came up, it slipped away.

ranch1.jpg

Congratulations sir, you are one lucky man! I would have to do some serious sucking up to the boss to get one of those.
I've never seen one on CL in Oregon, saw one in Seattle once.

Congrats Jim, that is one BIG puppy and I can't wait to see it being used. Congrats again.

Congrats Jim we are all looking forward to some interesting LARGE cooks on that monster. Keep those great photos coming. Love it.

I didn't know that the wifey was out-of-town...

But seriously - NOW I'm officially jealous

Although it does look like your'e gonna need to build an Annex to the P1gvillion...

I would bet that someone with your grilling skills is going to get a lot of mileage out of that sucker. Enjoy, and looking forward to seeing your continued cooking adventures

Last edited:
Congrats Jim. Put me in the jealous column. Can't wait to see some "Ranch" size cooks on that bad boy.

Thank you everyone!
Chris, if it shows the date of purchase as May 10th, yes it was me.
Thought using Amazon Prime, it would arrive after two days of ordering it...
however, Amazons excuse was:
I'm sorry to hear your "Kettle Grill" didn't arrive by the guaranteed delivery date of May 13, 2016.
We certainly do not want our customers to experience this.

To help you with this, I've research the reason why there was a delay in sending your order and I found out that your order was not available in your nearest fulfillment center.

To deliver your order as quickly as possible, we assigned the nearby fulfillment center from your shipping address.
However, the items weren't available at the fulfillment center which has been assigned for your order.

Therefore, we need to obtain the item from another fulfillment center and it takes additional time to ship your package. As you may know, we have several fulfillment centers across the U.S., and the items in your order may sometimes be in stock at different locations and we need at least one business day for us to prepare your package for delivery. Once the package ships out, that's the time the Standard shipping method is applied. For standard shipping order will take 3-5 business days.

Anyway, it did finally arrive with no damaged or missing parts.
and Chris, ALL of my Amazon purchases are thru the TVWBB link.

and thanks again everyone, Smoke Day 12 just got a bit easier for me :)

Thought using Amazon Prime, it would arrive after two days of ordering it...
however, Amazons excuse was:
I'm sorry to hear your "Kettle Grill" didn't arrive by the guaranteed delivery date of May 13, 2016.
We certainly do not want our customers to experience this.

To help you with this, I've research the reason why there was a delay in sending your order and I found out that your order was not available in your nearest fulfillment center.

To deliver your order as quickly as possible, we assigned the nearby fulfillment center from your shipping address.
However, the items weren't available at the fulfillment center which has been assigned for your order.

Therefore, we need to obtain the item from another fulfillment center and it takes additional time to ship your package. As you may know, we have several fulfillment centers across the U.S., and the items in your order may sometimes be in stock at different locations and we need at least one business day for us to prepare your package for delivery. Once the package ships out, that's the time the Standard shipping method is applied. For standard shipping order will take 3-5 business days.

If it were me and it has happened to me before, i'd push the issue w/ Amazon, if it said Guaranteed, that should mean Guaranteed. I've heard/read of people getting a free month of prime or some $$$ in amazon credit when their orders didn't come by the guaranteed delivery date. They're usually very good at making the customer happy in the end. That's just me though. Congrats again on the new toy! Can't wait to see pics of you breaking her in!

I'm a Prime member and lately most everything has been coming in 3 or 4 days, not 2.
One snag is no deliveries by UPS on weekends.
I have had items arrive from Amazon on Sunday via USPS.

I'm a Prime member and lately most everything has been coming in 3 or 4 days, not 2.
One snag is no deliveries by UPS on weekends.
I have had items arrive from Amazon on Sunday via USPS.

Large items are another ball game..... Can't expect to overnight WRK for $3.99 like they used to.

UPS will sometimes drop off regular deliveries on a Saturday. USPS has stepped up its shipping game lately.

If it were me and it has happened to me before, i'd push the issue w/ Amazon, if it said Guaranteed, that should mean Guaranteed. I've heard/read of people getting a free month of prime or some $$$ in amazon credit when their orders didn't come by the guaranteed delivery date. They're usually very good at making the customer happy in the end. That's just me though. Congrats again on the new toy! Can't wait to see pics of you breaking her in!
we DID get an extra month of AP added to our subscription...

Back