The All Encompassing Beer Thread

There's been a Whole Foods in Charlotte for several months now. It's in a ritzy part of town,about 40 minutes away from my more modest art of town. Pammi and I decided to go check them out today.
Luckily,we went in on the side with the beer cooler. :cool: After much perusing,I chose some Sawtooth ale from the Left Hand brewing co out of Colorado.
It's very nice. Not too hoppy,and just a nice balance of flavors. Don't know if I'll go back to the Whole Foods any time soon,but I'm gonna enjoy these while they last!

I have to throw in two of my favorites, Summit Extra Pale Ale is a staple beer for me, its out Saint Paul, mn and Surly Breing company out of Brooklyn Center Minnesota, If you can find Surly, it comes in 4 packs of cans, dont hesitate, get it, you will be blown away, the Furious is my favorite.

Just found a Star Hill pumpkin porter in the back of the beer fridge. Star Hill is near Charlottesville, VA - just under an hour and a half from here.

A friend of mine just texted me to let me know our local Total Wine has Troeg's Mad Elf in the 1pt, 6 oz bottle with a souvenir glass for half price. That's some good stuff, but at 11% ABV, watch out.

My term "heavy swilling" is more along the lines of guzzling one after washing and waxing the car on a hot day. Lawnmower beer, which in my mind is not exactly session beer.

Where does one find "How Beer Saved the World"?

Jon I just picked up a growler of Ithaca Flower Power IPA and the chops will be on shortly. C'mon down! :)

Haven't seen the save the world beer but I had a couple of these the other nite...
6B300CD9-03BB-46C0-BAE0-174DCD1872F1-2316-000002F1B9A86F77.jpg

Not too shabby!! Nice spice to them!

Jon I just picked up a growler of Ithaca Flower Power IPA and the chops will be on shortly. C'mon down! :)

Sure, now I see this!

For those that can get Troegs: their best seasonal is coming out right now in kegs and bottles any day now. Nugget Nectar! It's an Imperial Amber and one of the highest rated beers period on beeradvocate.com. Mad Elf is good, but way overhyped and overpriced in this area. Seek out the Nectar, and if you don't like it I promise to drink every bottle you have left.

Thanks Jon! I will definitely look into that. An Imprerial Amber sounds awesome. I love Troegs.

I have to throw in two of my favorites, Summit Extra Pale Ale is a staple beer for me, its out Saint Paul, mn and Surly Breing company out of Brooklyn Center Minnesota, If you can find Surly, it comes in 4 packs of cans, dont hesitate, get it, you will be blown away, the Furious is my favorite.

Mike, the wife and if visited the twin cities a couple of years ago and Surly didnt distribute very far.. i think they were only in MN at the time. i could be wrong. anyway its great brew for sure...i love bitter brewer, session brew with strong hop nose/aroma. Anyone like Deshutes Brewing Co out of Oregon? They just started distributing to IL and I picked up some 6'rs of the Black Butte Porter, Mirror Pond Pale, and Red Chair NWPA (Northwest pale).. great stuff and ive been waiting a long time to try it. still need go try the IPA this weekend.

cheers!

For those that can get Troegs: their best seasonal is coming out right now in kegs and bottles any day now. Nugget Nectar! It's an Imperial Amber and one of the highest rated beers period on beeradvocate.com. Mad Elf is good, but way overhyped and overpriced in this area. Seek out the Nectar, and if you don't like it I promise to drink every bottle you have left.

Grabbed a six pack at Total Wine today. A very nice beer. Good hop presence, but not overwhelming. There's some fruit essence in there that kinda balances it out. Very drinkable. Thanks for recommending. They had it separate from all the other Troegs brews and I had to ask for it. But it was there.

Mike, the wife and if visited the twin cities a couple of years ago and Surly didnt distribute very far.. i think they were only in MN at the time. i could be wrong. anyway its great brew for sure...i love bitter brewer, session brew with strong hop nose/aroma. Anyone like Deshutes Brewing Co out of Oregon? They just started distributing to IL and I picked up some 6'rs of the Black Butte Porter, Mirror Pond Pale, and Red Chair NWPA (Northwest pale).. great stuff and ive been waiting a long time to try it. still need go try the IPA this weekend.

cheers!
Yes, they make a bitter, great beer, and I've had Deshutes too, good stuff.

There is a lot of great, fine beers on this thread and I appreciate a great craft beer from time to time when I can afford it. But usually, if I'ma enjoy a beer when I'm cooking give me the King of Beer, Budweiser, and not Bud Light, Bud heavy! (Or as we called it in college when I was undergrad, Bud Diesel! LOL)

Personally, when I am cooking I prefer a homebrewed beer. This past week while I was making my first chicken I had a American-Wheat that I brewed a few months back.

Back