The All Encompassing Beer Thread

I gave up beer for lent and it is getting to me now. My folks are visiting from NY for Easter and will be bringing me the Saranac and Great Lakes stuff I can't get down here. I can't wait. Seeing St. Arnold come out with Icon Blue is really testing me too.

I gave up beer for lent and it is getting to me now. My folks are visiting from NY for Easter and will be bringing me the Saranac and Great Lakes stuff I can't get down here. I can't wait. Seeing St. Arnold come out with Icon Blue is really testing me too.

I heard that on st. Patrick's day its the only day you can drink if you gave it up for lent.it marks the half way point.. I gave up beer last year and it was tough.

I think this homebrew book is by the Dogfishhead ex master brewer... I just got the kindle edition

'Extreme Brewing, A Deluxe Edition with 14 New Homebrew Recipes: An Introduction to Brewing Craft Beer at Home' by Sam Calagione

...the author is actually the owner of Dogfish Head brewery... I'll post up if I turn out any good recipes from the book. I like his writing style & content so far.

Last edited:
I'm a beer geek. I have a 2 tier all-grain setup with a couple of false bottom Vollraths sitting on Camp chef burners. I used run a homebrew club and a beer appreciation club. I don't have anything on tap at the momemt because I've been busy working on my basement and outdoor cooking area instead of brewing.

I'll be popping open a Dogfish 90 minute when I prep the chicken for the rotisserie.

Back