The All Encompassing Beer Thread

There is a lot of great, fine beers on this thread and I appreciate a great craft beer from time to time when I can afford it. But usually, if I'ma enjoy a beer when I'm cooking give me the King of Beer, Budweiser, and not Bud Light, Bud heavy! (Or as we called it in college when I was undergrad, Bud Diesel! LOL)

I think you should read This

Last edited:
I think you should read this

Probably why it's so easy to drink lots of it! Ha, but for real, ever heard of the pizza cognition theory? Read here. It makes sense to me, and the first beer I ever drank, I was sitting on a bass boat that was on the trailer in my buddies front yard parked under a shade tree, and that beer was a Budweiser. I guess that's is why it's comforting and just tastes like what beer should because it was my first beer ever. It's the beer his dad drank so it's what he would give us. We were probably 16 so his dad only gave us one a piece, but still, since my dad didn't drink at all and was so strict it made me feel tough. Ha.

But yeah, I think they could water that stuff down to 1% alcohol and as long as it tasted like regular ole Bud Heavy I'd drink it, but I wouldn't be happy about it at all. I still enjoy a craft brew though from time to time like a said though. Good People's Snake Handler is awesome from a local brewer here in B'ham, but it's just so dang high. Most craft beers are heavy too and sometimes you just want to be able to pound a few without ruining supper. :D

Last edited:
Just went to our "local" Costco (75 miles away in Mesa, AZ) and was delighted to see they still have Stone IPA for $27.59 a case! Only bought 2 cases since my Pepsi cooler is unplugged for the winter (otherwise I would have bought 4 cases!).

Apirhop from Dogfish will be out in the coming weeks. I cannot wait to make an Apir90 (1 part Apirhop, 1 part 90 minute IPA)

All this beer talk is making me think I need to start my RyePA kit this weekend.

Anyone ever had a 'Life and Limb'? It's a collaboration between DFH and Sierra Nevada.

Teer,

I will have to try that, I love Aprihop.

JimK,

I had a life & limb early last year, not sure if they've done another one since.

IMAG0291.jpg

I'm with RC. While I'll get a small batch or craft beer from time to time,I usually have some PBR in the fridge. And I've been a "Bud Man" since before I was old enough to be a Bud Man! At the end of the day,a nice cold beer is the perfect ending! Or 3 or 4! :cool:

Big fan of dogfish, stone , etc but recently I've been drinking anything that comes out from Pretty Things Brewery out here in Ma. They are doing some awesome brews a little off the beaten path.

Big fan of dogfish, stone , etc but recently I've been drinking anything that comes out from Pretty Things Brewery out here in Ma. They are doing some awesome brews a little off the beaten path.

Berkshire Brewing is another good one up your way Steve.
These guys are partially responsible for our 3rd son that arrived in December:

914196D1-96CE-4584-96EE-67F483169D82-3912-00000571343D94C7_zps82eed02d.jpg

Not sure on the availability in the US (or other parts of Canada for that matter) but one of my new favorites right now is Etoile du Nord from Braserie Thiriez. Its a saison with strong funky notes and some sourness. It "apparently" is the exact same recipe (shared with Jester King in Austin) as Jester Kings Noble King - but with different water and yeast.. So while Noble King is fresh and funky, Etoile is Tart, acidic and funky!!! Tough to knock either to be honest.

Back