Thai Chicken Satay w/ Spicy peanut sauce and veggie couscous

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Used the Mini-wsm with KBB and cherry. Borrowed the recipe from Serious eats for the chicken and the dipping sauce. I added fresh ginger to the marinade. Ended up marinating the chicken overnight.

Wife made the couscous. Peas, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, zucchini.

Sorry no cook shots it was thunder storming with rain blowing sideways! Chicken was great, peanut sauce was okay. It needs something else I think.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/04/thai-chicken-satay-recipe.html

34876235490_f9d42933b2_c.jpg

35263475925_811a6d9f03_c.jpg

Enjoy!

Used the Mini-wsm with KBB and cherry. Borrowed the recipe from Serious eats for the chicken and the dipping sauce. I added fresh ginger to the marinade. Ended up marinating the chicken overnight.

Wife made the couscous. Peas, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, zucchini.

Sorry no cook shots it was thunder storming with rain blowing sideways! Chicken was great, peanut sauce was okay. It needs something else I think.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/04/thai-chicken-satay-recipe.html

34876235490_f9d42933b2_c.jpg

35263475925_811a6d9f03_c.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks great! I gotta try that recipe.

Nice!
Stupid rain ☔️ the grill shot would of been beautiful

It's good!

Yeah the rain, always messing things up!

Looks good Case, sounds like you ran into the same thing we did last night. Made a recipe from one of the Weber books called Chinese Chicken Salad tasted like Cole slaw with no flavor to speak of. That's unusual for a Jamie Purviance recipe and no rain but super high winds.
Monsoon season starts next week here, can't wait....right.

Wonderful meal Case. I love Thai anything, the hotter the better. The Peanut sauce and that Couscous sound and look amazing.

Looks good Case, sounds like you ran into the same thing we did last night. Made a recipe from one of the Weber books called Chinese Chicken Salad tasted like Cole slaw with no flavor to speak of. That's unusual for a Jamie Purviance recipe and no rain but super high winds.
Monsoon season starts next week here, can't wait....right.

Wonderful meal Case. I love Thai anything, the hotter the better. The Peanut sauce and that Couscous sound and look amazing.

Thank you both! Usually Kenji's recipes on Serious Eats are spot on. The peanut sauce was missing depth, it needed something more. not sure what though.

That Chicken looks tasty Case. You said the peanut sauce was OK, I'm not a fan of peanut sauce so I wouldn't have noticed. Nicely done.

Looks good Case. As good as Sriracha is, as a sub in the spicy peanut sauce I might try sambal oelek and cut back the sugar a bit. That curry paste is usually pretty flavourful.

Looks good Case. As good as Sriracha is, as a sub in the spicy peanut sauce I might try sambal oelek and cut back the sugar a bit. That curry paste is usually pretty flavourful.

Whatever he said, JK.... Looks tasty Case.

Case that looks awesome. Sorry about the rain but ours is starting next week oh the joys.:eek:

Whatever he said, JK.... Looks tasty Case.

Case that looks awesome. Sorry about the rain but ours is starting next week oh the joys.:eek:

Thank you!

Sambal would be good. Still not sure that it would make up for what I was looking for.

The chicken though was tasty. I could see adding coconut milt into the mix for the marinade.

Back