Tacos Al Pastor & Vertical Rotisserie

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Got it working! 3 pounds of marinated pork sirloin, 1/2 pound of marinated bacon & some sliced pineapple. RO Lump & Mesquite - Live fire for 2 1/2 hours.

PICT3614_zpsisevhe1i.jpg

PICT3619_zpsg0rgkpat.jpg

PICT3626_zpsclxj1vkw.jpg

PICT3632_zps8skzowpn.jpg

Sorry.... no plated pix.

It's still a work in progress. Need to "size" the fire & determine optimal distance to the spit.

Last edited:
So awesome!

Is there a Weber roto motor in that rolling box?

It may need fold out wings as well to better direct the heat and to cook on windy days.

So awesome!

Is there a Weber roto motor in that rolling box?

It may need fold out wings as well to better direct the heat and to cook on windy days.

Thank you!

The rotisserie motor is from OneGrill - battery powered with an ac adapter.

The "fold out wings" is a good idea. Thanks - might just do that.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Cool.

IF you can get some stainless sheet.... What? You didn't win the lottery? Shiny metal on the sides and wings will reflect the heat more.

Cool! I was wondering how this project was coming along! Looks great!

Thanks. It kinda got forgotten. Have been very busy with home improvement.... & etc.
Was in the local carneceria to buy some pork belly & arranchera & there was a dude assembling a trompo. Tried to talk to him, but he didn't speak English & I don't speak Spanish.
So it got me fired up.

Got it working! 3 pounds of marinated pork sirloin, 1/2 pound of marinated bacon & some sliced pineapple. RO Lump & Mesquite - Live fire for 2 1/2 hours. (Snip)

It's still a work in progress. Need to "size" the fire & determine optimal distance to the spit.
Fantastic Robert! I'm packing a bag and on my way down there

Back