Super Bowl - what’s on the menu?

Lighting some JD XL. It. Might be a night for the Billows.

20240210_220840.jpg
My plan is to get temp stable at 200F.

Go to bed, set alarm for 5am.

Put the brisket on and go back to sleep.

20240210_223615.jpg
Probe one is outside temp.

Last edited:
Well at the party there was an impromptu line dance of it. Someone had bought the record, so yeah we were shuffling. But, gotta remember it was 86. I was still athletic, had hair, and was well..............thin? Rather than looking like Refrigerator Perry :D

Not that I care about the game. It just give me an excuse for putting my New Recteq 1100 to work. Chicken Wings, Pulled Chicken sliders, Rib Eye sliders, and some Smoke Cream Cheese and Smoked Almonds.

It's our traditional Super Bowl menu.

In no particular order... Old Bay Shrimp, Buffalo style wings, pigs in blankets, crackers served w/sisters home made spicy fig relish and Mrs. Skinsfan homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I rarely drink beer anymore, but I have a couple of IPA's in the fridge so I picked up a 4-pack of Murphy's Irish Stout to make a black and tan, or two, before those IPA's expire. :cool:

I'm sure that a glass of whiskey will make an appearance.

Chiefs 24, Niners 17 in regulation.

On the menu today, hickory smoked chicken wings w/Penzeys Northwoods seasoning and pork belly burned ends "kabob style" on the WSM as well. Got everything seasoned up/prepped yesterday so all I have to do is build a fire and drop em' on the rack

Notice how chicken wings look like Arrowheads when you remove the wing tips?? ;)

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6746.jpg
    IMG_6746.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1
Honestly dislike football. Especially teams that mean nothing to my interests. Honestly have not really "watched" a football games since the bears won the SB. Living in Chicago at the time, and invited to a SB party with my wife's softball league it was kind of a "must do". Now if the Packers or Bears were there I might give it a glance or two. But that is about the extent of it
There are certain things about football (and other pro-sports) that I don't like either, but the things I enjoy definitely outweigh them. Watching a team you like (or used to like) go thru the motions and play without enthusiasm is a deal breaker. On the other hand, when your favorite team is playing well, and with enthusiasm, it's hard not to like. When you get a little "community spirit" going on that's the icing on the cake.

The Chiefs looked pretty bad in some of their games this year, but I kept watching, with faith that they'd turn it on sooner or later and thankfully they did so their fans have something to cheer for. I really hope the STL Cardinals can get out of their funk this year and STL City SC comes out guns a blazin' again.

Well, a wrench has been thrown into the machinery! Kids are all down sick so the English style “Sunday Roast” planned for this evening has been sent packing! If they feel better tomorrow, I’ll simply do it then.
Standing roast beef
Braised red cabbage,
Roasted potatoes,
Roasted beets,
Beef and onion gravy using drippings,
Yorkshire puddings
Guinness
And…
CAKE!
Then, I was planning on using the beef for toasted beef and cheese sandwiches with horseradish sauce.
Since I don’t know what the health status will be, every step of this is in Limbo!
It might just turn into grilled cheese and guacamole with chips. Becks for the bevy! Oh well.
Wish me luck!
Remember, “Dinner without cake is just a meeting!” Julia Child
Good luck 👍🏻

23 degrees out is a definite no go on grilling. Plus, I had a nasty fall last Monday and screwed up my knee and lower leg at of all places the eye doctor. Caught my foot on a chair as I went by and went straight down on a polished concrete floor.... ouch!!!
So, with that I made a big pot of chili yesterday for the game today which wasn't easy as I can barely stand, and walking is a new adventure in pain. I'm going to park my butt in my recliner and watch the game with my new best friend, an ice pack.
Barb is going to make some quac and chips and maybe a taquito or two.

Last edited:
There are certain things about football (and other pro-sports) that I don't like either, but the things I enjoy definitely outweigh them. Watching a team you like (or used to like) go thru the motions and play without enthusiasm is a deal breaker. On the other hand, when your favorite team is playing well, and with enthusiasm, it's hard not to like. When you get a little "community spirit" going on that's the icing on the cake.

The Chiefs looked pretty bad in some of their games this year, but I kept watching, with faith that they'd turn it on sooner or later and thankfully they did so their fans have something to cheer for. I really hope the STL Cardinals can get out of their funk this year and STL City SC comes out guns a blazin' again.
Don't get me wrong. Not criticizing if someone wants to watch it. I just totally hate football. Period. Not any one team just the sport et al. I find no redeeming value in watching any team though I do admit to sort of tweaking the noses of my Bear fans friends by saying "Go Packers" but not because I would EVER turn on a Packer game (in the SB or not). Hell, even as much as I love baseball.............if the Cubs or Sox ain't in it, I ain't watchin' it. My time is more valuable to me than that.
So watch and enjoy if you like. Just not my cup of tea.

23 degrees out is a definite no go on grilling. Plus, I had a nasty fall last Monday and screwed up my knee and lower leg at of all places the eye doctor. Caught my foot on a chair as I went by and went straight down on a polished concrete floor.... ouch!!!
So, with that I made a big pot of chili yesterday for the game today which wasn't easy as I can barely stand, and walking is a new adventure in pain. I'm going to park my butt in my recliner and watch the game with my new best friend, an ice pack.
If we were neighbors, I’d cook for you and Barb just to make your days a little easier. Get well. Get rest. Go NINERS!

Rich, so sorry about that. Hope it will ALL go away real soon.

Rich, DH says get a MRI done ASAP. He waited too long to find out his knee was cracked and should have worn a brace.

Sure hope you feel better soon. Last May is when I did that tumble in my basement. Back, hip and leg were screwed up a few months. Thankfully I have a good chiropractic and therapeutic massage therapy team I see regularly. Good as new (or as good as an old fart can get).

Ok, that’s your one and only fall allowed this. One more and it’s half the distance to the goal line. As much as I hate to say it, ice is your friend

Back