Stuffed burgers over (gasp) gas

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Yep, I grilled with gas yesterday for the first time in ages.
Had to clean a rodent's nest out of the old Weber Q 220 before firing her up.

1600522515212.png

Stuffed some Costco 88/12 ground beef with sliced canned mushrooms and cheddar cheese.
It was National cheeseburger day don't cha know.

1600522602406.png

1600522685701.png

1600522737339.png

Just mustard, ketchup and pickles added.

1600522795640.png

Not too bad, but not great either. Not enough cheese and the edges were too dry from the lean grind.
I didn't buy it for burgers, but when packaging the 7+ lbs. for the freezer I thought what the heck.

I dusted off the Q for quick cooks because I'm not sure how well I'll take the cold this winter with my weight loss. I've gained back about 10 lbs., went from 250 to 210, now 220. Cancer is a helluva way to lose weight!
Still feeling fine with no major issues.

Wonderful looking burger Bob. Fit for a king..........or me! I also spent part of the afternoon yesterday bagging a good sale on 80/20 ground beef from Safeway. Got 6.6 lbs. for $1.99/lb. We don't do much shopping at Safeway, but we do like to catch their sales. Otherwise, their prices are utterly ridiculous, at least the one here.

First of all that last sentence was the best one.
I didn't know it but I was one sick puppy for over a year and just thought I was getting older. I lost 50 Lbs. and staying at 210 now and yes last winter was brutal, once I got chilled it took me hours to warm back up. So be prepared and bundle up. Hopefully you won't have any issues.

Now that burger, I love the concept and I've done the same with 88/12 and it is to lean for a good burger.
For burgers I use chuck roast and add some brisket trimming to the mix just for my burger grind.
Yea the arteries scream in protest and my lips are lubricated for a few days, but it sure makes for a good burger.

My winter grill is our NG E320 which is less than eight feet from the back door under a covered patio. I'll see how it goes this winter but I'm not a fan of the cold.

Thanks everyone!
For burgers I use chuck roast and add some brisket trimming to the mix just for my burger grind.
I don't like to go leaner than 80/20 for burgers, 75/25 works well for me.
This small meat loaf just came off the grill, smoked with pecan (thanks Jim Lampe for the wood!)
I put the pan on a small piece of wood to drain, not much there to be drained off.

1600547442597.png

Bob, those burgers (and the meatloaf) look awesome. You're motivating me to fire up my Q. But I'm afraid of what I might find in there. :oops:

Glad you're feeling well. The weight loss just seems to happen in these situations. But gaining (some of) it back is a great sign.

Great looking burger.. Mr. Correll

You learn something new from one of the masters on this bbq forum every time he posts.

"Still feeling fine with no major issues", lets keep it that way Bob.

Bob glad to see you up and doing your fantastic cooks again ,our house to your house our prayers are with you and your family's support. Keep strong and fight everyday yiu can.
God Bless you sir.

Back