State by State Meat Map

Florida is alligator??? ALLIGATOR??? I don't think so... I only know about 3 people that can cook it right and even then it can be very dry, tough, and tasteless. We have WAY more cattle than alligator!

The only restaraunt in our area that served alligator couldn't stay open it was so bad.

Russ

"It’s a well-known fact that Californians don’t eat meat, just tofu and kale. And to include kale on a list of state meats would just be ridiculous."

"Yaks are shaggy, majestic, cowlike creatures native to the Himalayas. Their bodies are well-suited to the high altitudes and cold temperatures of Idaho. Idahoans, no fools they, brought some over in the 1980s and ’90s and promptly started eating them." http://www.packriveryaks.com/yak-meat.html

Bama got meatloaf. LOL

Last edited:
They are just flat wrong about Ohio but pretty much correct with Indiana. Indiana's deep fried pork cutlet is available nearly everywhere in Indiana and they certainly know how to cook it. It is delicious. You can walk up to a little roadside stand and get a terrific sandwich. I LOVE them. Indiana is also a great egg center (guess that's not meat but it sure beats TOFU!!:rolleyes:).

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

seems the artist is from a state that has legalized reefer
smoking_19.gif

Wow I think you would be hard pressed to pick only one meat product for Louisiana. I'm not sure what they have there but it looks like maybe Jambalaya which typically has two or three different meats in it. Goodness we are the home of tons of meat products (crawfish, boudin, andoullie, nutria, tasso just to name a few). The one that baffles me the most is rabbit for Arkansas. Huh - rabbit and not razorback - go figure? Russ, I reckon we would take the alligator (the cookin' kind anyway) from Florida if y'all can't cook it...

Regards,

John

Back