Standing Lasagna

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Standing Lasagna:

ingredients
00539.JPG

Sauted the spinatch in some evoo and some garlic.
01123.JPG

The ground pork/beef was mixed with salt/pepper/basil.
Parboiled the pasta plates and added zucchini slices.
01512.JPG

Cut in half and into a tray. Made a standard bechamel sauce and added grated cheese. This was pored over the tray,and topped with grated cheese.
0227.JPG

Baked indirect for about 50mins
0405.JPG

Plated something like this(not easy to make this one sexy) :eek:
0503.JPG

Super tasty!

Made a standard bechamel sauce and added grated cheese. This was pored over the tray,and topped with grated cheese.
That looks amazing (as does anything you two make) Question about your Béchamel Sauce. Would this work (below) and would it be enough if I made about the same as you did? Mother's day is coming, this could work for that :)

This classic sauce, sometimes simply called white sauce, adds a rich and creamy quality to a variety of vegetable dishes. It can be spooned over hot cooked vegetables just before serving or mixed with them to make an easy yet elegant creamed vegetable course. To turn the creamed vegetables into a gratin, place in a baking dish, top with cheese and then bake in the oven until golden.

To create a cheese sauce, whisk 1/2 cup grated Gruyère, Parmigiano-Reggiano or other cheese into the finished béchamel sauce. If a lighter sauce is desired, substitute chicken stock for part of the milk.
Ingredients:
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. paprika
1 bay leaf
2 cups milk, heated, or 1 cup each milk and
chicken stock, heated
Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
Directions:
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, until blended, 1 minute. Add the paprika and bay leaf.

Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to low and continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.

Increase the heat to medium and simmer to blend the flavors, 2 to 3 minutes. Discard the bay leaf before using.
Makes about 2 cups.

Daniel, I'm going to guess Emilie made the Béchamel sauce..
velouté is a white sauce, not the same?

Thanks alot ppl. I can really reckomend trying this one,i saw a swedish tv chef do this with chorizo in the middle.

ChuckO: That sauce is just like mine but i cut out the paprika and bayleaf. Added the cheesesauce ontop and between the rolls let it sit for a min so it settles abit then add some more. It did overflow the edges of the pan so if you do it in the oven be sure to have some space left.

Jim: velouté uses stock i guess...Here we just used milk/butter/flour/salt/white pepper/cheese. And by the way this is how i do the bluecheese sauce aswell. But if you like those salty cheeses count for that when you add extra salt.

Thanks again ppl

Holey Cannoli Batman and Robin that looks wonderfully wonderful!
I like the way you've come back with a vengeance!

Back