Squeeze Butter

as a child growing up , we only had margarine in our house. we put it on our mashed potatoes , biscuits , pancakes and toast.
Same here; we had Fleischmann's corn oil margarine and also drank 2% milk. But when we visited my grandparents it was butter and whole milk, which made it odd that my mom chose margarine and 2%. Nowadays I still prefer 2% milk but it's all butter, all the time.

Margarnine is Garbage , processed plastic lol Butter is natural it breaksdown in your system naturally, Margarine doesnt.I cant belive anyone would use that stuff really not good for you. But then again its what floats your boat
jerry C

You can melt real butter and use it in a squeeze bottle, just keep it warm til you are ready to use, and refrigerate afterward until next time.
Think about popcorn with melted butter and without. Which would you prefer?

I use the squeeze butter just because of convenience. I love the taste of real butter and would prefer it. Now if you could get some company to make it then you would have something.

Margarnine is Garbage
I don't know why some people still say that but the experts tend to disagree. The studies I've seen still say that margarine (in tub or squeeze bottle form) are still healthier (at least for your heart) then butter. You might want to read the following links...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/butter-vs-margarine/AN00835

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/prevention/askdietician/margarine.aspx

I've been eating margarine for so long that to me, it actually taste better then butter. We only use butter for baking

I don't know why some people still say that but the experts tend to disagree. The studies I've seen still say that margarine (in tub or squeeze bottle form) are still healthier (at least for your heart) then butter. You might want to read the following links...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/butter-vs-margarine/AN00835

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/prevention/askdietician/margarine.aspx

I've been eating margarine for so long that to me, it actually taste better then butter. We only use butter for baking

Probably not the right forum to debate the subject but there are many studies that prove otherwise, including studies that dietary cholesterol is not linked to heart disease. The common believe that eating cholesterol raises our cholesterol is simply not completely true. And dont let the term "vegetable" in vegetable oil fool you. Poly unsaturated fat is most definitely not healthier that good old fashioned animal fat. Our bodies were created to be able to eat plants and animals. The ingredients in margerine are neither.

If you have some time on your hands, this is worth reading. There are several parts and is quite long but it is based on research and not just an article in a journal.

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/the-straight-dope-on-cholesterol-part-i

A lot of the reading I have done lately on this and related subjects leads me to believe that much of what we have heard growing up may not be as accurate as we thought. It is becoming more clear that sugar (broad brush term) is likely more harmful and more responsible for unhealthy blood chemistry. I have tried to read as many studies as I can stay awake for but in general I have tried to move toward eating foods as close to natural as I can. I'm not completely successful at this endeavor but better than I was.

That said, many of us have been eating things we shouldnt for probably far too long but that doesnt necessarily make them healthy. I dont know that I would call either margerine or butter essentially healthy but clarified butter is probably a far better option.

I use Parkay in competition for the moisture it puts into the ribs. The "I can't Believe This Isn't Butter" brand was better but they quit putting it into squeeze bottles. I've melted the tub of it and transferred it to a Parkay bottle but that is a real pain. My plan it to try and come up with some actual pork lard and try using that instead.

I've read that Parkay is only one molecule away from plastic, not a chemist so just passing on what I read, but you can certainly read everything for and against if you look hard enough.

^ Well, I think the debate is a fair topic for this board. I'm guilty of following the Pitmasters recipes (including the squeeze margarine), because, you know...they're pit masters! With that said, I agree with the discomfort since I'm of the belief that margarine is worse than butter. Its a dilemma and a good debate for us BBQ-ers. From experience, however, I'd guess much of the margarine is left in the foil. I agree with the OP: I was surprised as well at how prolific its use is.

^ Well, I think the debate is a fair topic for this board. I'm guilty of following the Pitmasters recipes (including the squeeze margarine), because, you know...they're pit masters! With that said, I agree with the discomfort since I'm of the belief that margarine is worse than butter. Its a dilemma and a good debate for us BBQ-ers. From experience, however, I'd guess much of the margarine is left in the foil. I agree with the OP: I was surprised as well at how prolific its use is.

I guess the real question is how concerned are with the health of the judges? :D

Kidding of course. Like I said, I think it is convenient to bring to a comp and use and whatever it is made out of has won many a competition. I also think it is cool to try different methods we see or read about. It's all part of the fun. Let's face it, we do this because it is fun not just to feed our families. There are far easier ways to do that.

It's hard to believe that the "only one molecule away from plastic" myth is still circulating.
I use/eat both butter and margarine, and will continue to do so.

Competitors use margarine because it has a higher smoke point than butter and it is very convenient in a squeeze bottle. Clarified butter has a high smoke point as well and achieves the same results; however, it is not as convenient to use as OTS squeezable margarine.

Probably not the right forum to debate the subject
I agree and honestly, it's not a subject I feel like debating. We all have to make up our own minds and I'm not here to convince anybody of anything. IMO, there isn't enough hard evidence to make any concrete conclusions and even the so called experts can't make up their minds one year to the next.

My own take, neither butter nor margarine is what I would call "healthy" foods but both are fine if done in moderation. Nobody is going to die or get sick just from eating them but if it makes you feel better to avoid one or both of them, that's fine too.

It's margarine. It's disgusting. It's not surprising to see at comps, just one of the several reasons I dislike so much of what is passed off as "flavor" of comp Q.

As it is mostly a cheap oil blend it won't "burn off". Certainly not at typical cooktemps.
The sugar simply melts into whatever - butter, clarified butter, another fat. Parkay not required. Very easy to just make a glaze ahead of time - do any necessary melting first - and apply at the end of cooking.

It's hard to believe that the "only one molecule away from plastic" myth is still circulating.
I use/eat both butter and margarine, and will continue to do so.

Me too. And isn't carbon dioxide only one molecule away from carbon monoxide ...well , maybe 2 molecules.
and I hate when people act all superior with their " margarine is garbage " rot......my parents wouldn't feed us kids "garbage" and it makes me mad to hear that.

I do not cook with bacon fat or lard, I am not a big fan of heavy animal fats I understand they make for better flavor but I am not 25 any longer and the things I eat tend to stick to me, so I want to be somewhat choosy as to what those things are.
That said I will not tell someone else who to cook for there families, but I may not want to eat over there on a regular basis.

I tend to use whats on sale when I go to buy. If I ate one or the other everyday it'd be different but I don't.

Back