SOLD: Considering selling my Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
On the continuing subject of thinning the herd...I'm considering selling my 2016 Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, known today as Summit Kamado S6. First year of issue for this grill. I know you all probably think or assume that I'm a prolific charcoal griller, but I'm not. We use our Summit gas grill most of the time, and this Summit charcoal grill doesn't get the love it deserves. Honestly, I have probably used it less than 15 times.

It includes the propane ignition system; solid metal storage surface under the right half of the cart with a custom-cut sheet ABS black textured plastic to protect the powder coated surface; the plastic charcoal bin and charcoal cup; the never-used stainless steel hinged deflector plate with storage rack below the grill frame; all of the original grates and char-baskets as well as a sear insert; cover in OK condition; and owners manual and Summit recipe book. I'd also throw in a few unopened bags of Kingsford Professional. The only cosmetic issue is a golf ball strike on the back of the lid near the hinge (no cracks in the porcelain finish).

I could go either way on this grill. It just takes up space on my patio, and that's OK, it could just keep doing that for the foreseeable future. Or I could move it along to someone that would actually love using this grill.

Don't know what I'd sell it for and I'm located in San Jose, CA. If anyone is interested, drop me a private message here on the forum and we can discuss.

Update: I also have the Weber stainless steel rib rack for 22" grills and the charcoal rake I can include with this grill, both unused.

18501001B.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to have that, but with 5-6 months of fire restrictions during the prime grilling season and not a big fan of grilling in the cold, it just doesn't make sense for me. Like Chris I'm becoming more of a gas griller than charcoal anymore.
Also, our Jumbo Joe fits the lifestyle we have as we get older.

I'm pricing this at $1000 with the extras mentioned in the original post. If you know anyone in Northern California that's interested, let me know. I'm about to post it on Craigslist, so there's still time to snag it before I advertise to the broader public.

Sorry I couldn't get this in the hands of someone here on the forum. It's now posted on Craigslist for $1000 + free accessories, I hope it moves quickly.

That is a great price.

Put me down for 36 hours until it sells.

Considering how versatile that appears to be, I am honestly surprised you would sell it and not the smoker since this can do some nice smoking from what I have seen others here produce.

Considering how versatile that appears to be, I am honestly surprised you would sell it and not the smoker since this can do some nice smoking from what I have seen others here produce.
I have 25+ years of my life invested in using, writing about, and creating videos about the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. Getting rid of my smoker is not going to happen. :)

Back