So what's cooking for Easter dinner?

I am pushing the fam to let me cook a glazed ham on the WSM, but they are wanting to fight the crowds and go out to eat.
icon_frown.gif
icon_mad.gif

Maybe I will up my game and cook fajitas or al pastor style tacos on the grill, which won't take that long. They are convinced that it will take two hours after church to eat, which it will if you count the wait time to be seated and slow service due to the larger crowds on Easter Sunday.

I plan to prove them wrong by not taking that long to have dinner ready.
icon_wink.gif

Every year, year after year, same ol' thing: turkey. Dried out, over done, blah blah blah.

I did a bird for thanksgiving using the brine method. I thought it was fantastic: juicy, etc etc. I even made gravy from the smoked bird.

The rest--meh.

Some people hate to vary habits (even if it's varied to a better product). I'm not cooking this time around. Wife is doing it all.

rant over.

Well since I have worked 83 of the past 93 days, I'm going through BBQ withdrawal and will most certianly be doing the cooking! I am not in the mood for pulled pork or brisket and ham is just not a BBQ thing (really - it's already cooked) so I am leaning toward the turkey (I worked and couldn't cook over Thanksgiving).

I don't get a lot of long weekends but I have this one and am staying home,so we are putting a pork butt on the WSM friday night around 11pm and some ribs and beans around noon saturday for a feast around 6 or so saturday night. Some friends coming over to help saturday afternoon (haha),we will drink a few brews and play some tunes on the flat top until the wee hours of the morning Sunday. HAPPY EASTER ALL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad Olson:
Brats on the charcoal Go-Anywhere in the Miller Park parking lot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Waiting to watch the Birds beat the Brewers
icon_confused.gif

(I hope)
icon_razz.gif

No cooking for me this Easter, in-laws turn.

the 22lb pork leg that is brining in my refrigerator and is going to get smoked and glazed says that ham sure is a BBQ thing. i wanted to make a leg of lamb in the WSM but we decided to have our engagement party/brunch on easter and it's a lot easier and less expensive to feed 50 people with a ham than lamb.

Smoking a couple of 7 lb pork butts, pig candy, and some baby back ribs.

Some people call it Easter; we know it as Porka-pallooza

Family potluck on Sunday and I've received requests from different family members to smoke either ribs, brisket or pork shoulder. Haven't had the heart to tell anyone yet that I won't have the time to smoke ANYTHING this weekend. Plans Saturday evening and even early Sunday will not permit.

They look forward to my "Q" at all family gatherings now. Can't say I blame them
wsmsmile8gm.gif

A 20lb ready to cook ham. It was hickory smoked already. but I like the double smoke with maple and a citrus rum glaze at the finish.
Polish Mit Kraut & Kugela.
Have a good one everyone!
Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
wife wants pot roast. i want rotissed lamb. guess who wins ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enjoy that pot roast!!

Ham, oven baked and smoked. We'll have about 20 relatives and about half prefer one or the other. For some reason some don't like smoked meat.
icon_confused.gif

It's just Sunday for us, but I've got a hankering for a brisket, so that's what i'm doing. Been at least two years since the last one, and that's just a **** shame!

I am doing a spiral ham on the WSM, no smoke wood, to open room in the oven. Also Easter Pie, spinich casserol, cucumber salad, and a few other things.

We'll probably have leftover ribs from Saturday night, and maybe some Deviled Eggs and a salad.

Shoot, you never know around here, the ribs might be gone, and we'll have creamed eggs on toast!

The long shot here, is that my buddy Bill will invite us over for that turkey he says he's going to cook!

All in fun,

JimT

Back