So what's cooking for Easter dinner?

A pork leg magically transformed into a delicious ham after brining for about 10 days and smoking in the WSM with some hickory and apple wood.

6915144388_8f32e1f579_z.jpg

6910904104_3041e06fdf_o.jpg

thanks! i tried to drag it out as long as possible because we were having brunch at 11 and i didn't want to have to get up insanely early so i put it in at midnight and kept the temperature around 190 or 200. i believe it was in for a total of 8.5 hours. i pulled it when i didn't get a temp reading lower than 145.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Stuart the time @ 300 sounds right! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tack Daniel!

Well I was unable to cook my Easter turkey on Easter, so I cooked it yesterday. Boy was it ever good! I had a second set of top vents drilled into my WSM and so I was able to get the unit to cook around 330*. I started with the cooker as hot as I could get it (with the door on) before adding the turkey, so the skin – for the first time ever- came out tasting as good as it looked. I placed a pan on the lower rack to catch all the drippings which the wife used to make a yummy gravy (over the English baked potatoes!)… I can’t wait for leftovers tonight!

Back