So this is the new Genesis

Looks like GS4 burners are now called PUREBLU burners.

Also a change in warranty, from the simple 10 years all-inclusive warranty, back to a more complicated scheme.

2021:

10 years: All components from the date of purchase when assembled and operated in accordance with the accompanying Owner’s Manual, normal wear and tear excluded.

2022:
  • 12 years - Cookbox: no rust-through/burn-through (2 years on paint excluding fading or discoloration)
  • 12 years - Lid assembly: no rust-through/burn-through (2 years on paint excluding fading or discoloration)
  • 10 years - Stainless steel burner tubes: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 10 years - Stainless steel cooking grates: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 10 years - Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 10 years - Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 3 years - Electrical components (Weber Connect controller)
  • 5 years - All remaining parts

BBQGuys is showing $899 + $130 for 7mm grate, $130 for 9mm SP-E Special Edition SS Grate. I like the Indigo color, too, and the inboard tank storage makes for a much cleaner design.

I really like having the tank outside.

It is easier to open and close the valve and easier to rehang a full tank and frees up storage space inside.

It is a cleaner look with the tank inside.

Last edited:
Looks like GS4 burners are now called PUREBLU burners.

Also a change in warranty, from the simple 10 years all-inclusive warranty, back to a more complicated scheme.

2021:

10 years: All components from the date of purchase when assembled and operated in accordance with the accompanying Owner’s Manual, normal wear and tear excluded.

2022:
  • 12 years - Cookbox: no rust-through/burn-through (2 years on paint excluding fading or discoloration)
  • 12 years - Lid assembly: no rust-through/burn-through (2 years on paint excluding fading or discoloration)
  • 10 years - Stainless steel burner tubes: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 10 years - Stainless steel cooking grates: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 10 years - Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 10 years - Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates: no rust-through/burn-through
  • 3 years - Electrical components (Weber Connect controller)
  • 5 years - All remaining parts
Haha, I just posted that in another forum….
Yeah, that leave the cart at 5 years. Not reassuring.

Jason I see your point about the cart but it looks like a pretty good warranty to me. 10 years on the grates, bars and burner tubes is more than I would expect. 3 years on the electronics not sure anyone would warranty that stuff for a longer period of time.

I like the looks of it all in the eyes of the beholder. :)

They should make the electronics plug-and-play so you can bring them indoors. Even if you cast the electronics in a block of resin there is still the display that will be damaged by the UV from the sun.

That might be a wise business decision.
I think people who are going to buy these want that stuff not all but I think most and they are not going to worry about a few hundred bucks.. I certainly would want it if I was in the market as even though I am 68 always been one of those guys whether its a car or whatever I want all the bells and whistles cause I sure as heck don't want to buy it then be torturing myself after because I did not buy it that way which I know would happen to me the minute I fired it up. :)

I really like what Weber is doing style wise again eyes of the beholder. The Smokefire despite its issues to me is a beautiful grill as well as the Traveler, the Kamado as well as the new gas grills this is what they need to do when commanding a premium price. It all comes down to execution also that I get if its good looking works like crap then styling won't help you much down the road.

Weber ain't gonna make much money on most of this crowd I don't think they get excited about people restoring 20 year old Silvers or 1000's. Nor Performers people like me bought for $85 bucks. :unsure:

I seriously wonder how often consumers file warranty claims. I mean, even if there is a good warranty most people just throw things out. I am positive that Weber uses this information in its warranty calculations.

Most people would just throw the grill out after six or seven years instead of doing anything at all to it, as many of us have benefitted from.

It's the same thing with gift cards, there is definitely some percentage of money outstanding on those cards at all times.

As far as warranty rates, if Weber charges an extra three hundred per grill in pure, pure profit and puts a ten year warranty on, I am willing to bet big money that the extra three hundred they made on EACH AND EVERY grill MORE than compensates for replacing whatever they have to replace from the warranty side ten years later. Even a new fire box probably costs Weber, say, ten bucks in materials and overhead to produce. They're still up $290.

Looks like Ace has it in a few colors, one with a side burner as well as SS with a side burner:

Attachments

• B78054D1-D0BD-4C0C-8A25-3DEAC2C71F2B.jpeg
    B78054D1-D0BD-4C0C-8A25-3DEAC2C71F2B.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I seriously wonder how often consumers file warranty claims. I mean, even if there is a good warranty most people just throw things out. I am positive that Weber uses this information in its warranty calculations.

Most people would just throw the grill out after six or seven years instead of doing anything at all to it, as many of us have benefitted from.

It's the same thing with gift cards, there is definitely some percentage of money outstanding on those cards at all times.

As far as warranty rates, if Weber charges an extra three hundred per grill in pure, pure profit and puts a ten year warranty on, I am willing to bet big money that the extra three hundred they made on EACH AND EVERY grill MORE than compensates for replacing whatever they have to replace from the warranty side ten years later. Even a new fire box probably costs Weber, say, ten bucks in materials and overhead to produce. They're still up $290.
It's the same thinking that goes into these extended 3rd party warranties. The few that do have to be paid out are easily out weighed by the vast majority of people who don't have any issues, or perhaps more commonly, end up having uncovered issues.

It's the same thinking that goes into these extended 3rd party warranties. The few that do have to be paid out are easily out weighed by the vast majority of people who don't have any issues, or perhaps more commonly, end up having uncovered issues.
The insurance industry is there for one reason and one reason only: to make money. Make no mistake, the entire insurance industry is a profit center. It self-sustains and generates incredible profit.

Yah, unless you want to read through all 73 pages of the extended warranty agreement, you will probably be surprised when it comes time to file a claim. They have all kinds of exclusions and exceptions which can be used to deny most claims.

Paying a claim is a failure in the mind of an insurance company. They pay a lawyer up front to make their claim process almost impossible and then reap the rewards for years to come.

That said, Weber has a pretty good track record of honoring warranties, as long as they have parts available. If they don't, as we all know from one of our friends here, then they lawyer up. cough *summit* cough

I'm just glad that I have benefitted from the throw away culture. My current grill cost me $25 to start with, and then another probably two three hundred but at least 150 from rcplanebuyer, the rest from miscellaneous sources like Weber, lumberyards, etc.

Back