Snowball Tri-tip

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Why did I call it "snowball tri-tip"? Cause its so white like fresh snow.
I4xofbE.jpg

Onto the grill off side direct. BTU's Jealous Devil no smoke wood.
I want to enjoy the real meat flavor of this Wagyu. Went old school with salt & Pepper.
mbZx29r.jpg

CPKhAgM.jpg

After a 20 min rest while the fries got done.
Sliced into this bad boy right into the center. Looking guud
dwHlxQB.jpg

My plate, pink tri-tip, air fries & a little salad. It don't get anybetter than that.
The Wagyu tri-tip had a great beefy flavor that melted in your mouth. Sorta like a beef butter.
wBHkZXi.jpg

Definitely worth the coin that we spent to get some great beef.
I ordered a little something from Lone Mtn once twice a year when I can afford it.
Will continue to do so in the future.
Cant wait to do the brisket later this week.
Its gonna be guud.
Enjoy everyone & have a great week leading up to Fathers Day.

Insanely good looking TT, there! Haven't done it in a few years, but I used to get myself a small Wagyu NY Strip every year for my birthday. It's so good, and your 'beef butter' term pretty much nails it. The first time I got one, it was 8oz and I was worried it wouldn't be enough. But it's so rich, it filled me right up.

That looks really good Russ and cooked perfectly. Like the salt and pepper seasoning so the seasoning didn't hid the flavor, great choice.
Barb and I went down to Phoenix yesterday to a place called The Tennessee Grill to have lunch with our Daughter. We go there almost every time she comes into Phoenix from Cali. They have a Tri- Tip sandwich with a bourbon BBQ sauce that I get that's just crazy good. Got a TT in the freezer and if my lovely wife ever gets any time off I going to try and replicate it... of course I wont be using a Wagyu TT.

They also have some great T shirts too!

100_0317_zpshxpglpxv[1].jpg

That looks downright perfect, Russ! You treated the lovely piece of meat just the way a meat lover oughta! :) I haven't had steak in WAY to long, and, like Mr. Dahl, I don't think I'll break that streak with Wagyu, but I'll break it! .....after all, what else am I going to cook for myself on Father's Day? :)

R

Looks great! Tri tip is my favorite! When I saw the title I assumed you had a freak snow storm. We had enough hail the other day that it looked like it snowed!

Back