SMJ Grilled ribeyes and garlic parmesan mashed cauliflower

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Pretty simple meal. I marinated the ribeyes in my vacuum tumbler all day. Worcestershire, Black Butte Porter, white pepper, and garlic.

The mashed cauliflower is simple to make. Steam the cauliflower until it is tender. Saute the shallot and garlic. Mash, add seasonings, cheese, and sauteed shallot and garlic. Here is what we used:

1 head of cauliflower chunked up, steam until tender
1 shallot finely diced
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon cream cheese
salt and pepper
Optional 1/2 teaspoon paprika or curry.

My sous chef was in charge of the cauliflower mash.

25035770975_39c86ff1e2_c.jpg

24405231964_ba8e034b15_c.jpg

24942463381_fcee802f3f_c.jpg

24942470171_2edc57114e_c.jpg

25009409556_be533deb37_c.jpg

Welded a dozen flowers up for my sweetie!

24408946623_173f195406_c.jpg

Very nice cook, steaks look excellent. Like the cauliflower dish also. Nice flower arrangement, how often do you have to water them?:rolleyes:

I see you and your son going into the Restaurant business, Excellent cook Case & Case Jr.

I too like the artwork. I've not thought of mashed cauliflower but I bet I'd like it, one of my favorite soups is a Potato, Cauliflower, & cheese (cheddar), but I usually sub 50/50 of the cauliflower w/ broccoli....

Case, love the dinner and very interesting on the way you did the cauliflower I like it. Thanks for giving us the recipe and I also love your flowers you made your better half.

Count me as another vote for the cauliflower! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try sometime.

BTW, cauliflower with sauce is also a good substitute for pasta. Handy for the folks who avoid gluten but it tastes good, too!

Is that a tat on your son's arm? He is making his way in a kitchen... :)
Rib eyes look great and so do the flowers.

Count me as another vote for the cauliflower! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try sometime.

BTW, cauliflower with sauce is also a good substitute for pasta. Handy for the folks who avoid gluten but it tastes good, too!

Cauliflower is also a good thickener. We add it to sauces and soups when we want the thicken them up a bit. Good way to get kids to eat veggies!

Case, love the dinner and very interesting on the way you did the cauliflower I like it. Thanks for giving us the recipe and I also love your flowers you made your better half.

Thank you Barb! The cauliflower is excellent. In fact I think we will make some tonight too.

My wife likes art, so I always know that its a good choice, even better when I can make it.

Back