Short ribs and harvest

Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
Sorry guys and gals, I've been a lurker here lately but been awfully busy and most of the stuff I've cooked has been pretty basic and not much worth the effort to share. But I'm trying to get back into some recreational cooks now, and in the past you all have enjoyed having farm pics posted here so I thought last week I should make a point of getting back on here. Went rummaging through the freezer beef and found some short ribs that looked promising.

Gave them some time in the WSM with pecan smoke.

Smokin.jpg

Then transferred them to the slow cooker, with stock, red wine and a bunch of veggies.

Slowcooker.jpg

And Megan cut up some cheesy taters to go with.

Plated.jpg

And, some of our other activities of late.

Catching.jpg

Jameson dressed up for Hawkeye game day- he was pretty disappointed much of the season though, except for the thumping of Ohio State...

JamesonHawkeyes.jpg

Used my grain cart to stage a thunderstorm coming in one night.

Cartthunderstorm.jpg

Can't be all work and no play.

Dino.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Hopper.jpg

Last pass of the season. Hope you all enjoy and have a Merry Christmas! There's some other pics I can post too if anybody wants more, I'm just up against the ten it will let me link at once.

Finis.jpg

Yes Clay, we have missed your excellent cooks and excellent photography.
Stunning photos, as always!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Pictures are gorgeous Clay. So are those short ribs. Good to see you back. Maybe you can get a few days rest around the holidays. I know that farm must be demanding though.

Clay, those are some awesome pics and your plated pic looks delicious. Marry Christmas to you and your family.

Thank you- although I must say, of the places I frequent on the internet this forum has some of the best photographic talent. Besides coming here for great ideas to try cooking, it's a pleasure to see other people's wonderful photos.

Nice looking meal Clay. I love the storm shot - those are some beautifully composed shots!

Regards,

John

Really good cook and pictures are fantastic - well done. Have a good Christmas and happy new year Clay to you and your family.

Back