She Said Yes!

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I had put this in the wrong thread. Anyway without a whole lot of protest (actually no protest) (which now makes me VERY suspicious :D ) wife allowed me to order the latest and greatest top of the line Z Grills Pellet Grill. Still shaking my head. I'd had my eyes on a SmokeFire 2nd gen EX4 someone had won and was selling brand new. For $700 (which I guess is not a bad price). And there was a lot of soul searching on that one. Some things I liked on the SmokeFire especially is they're made here. I'm impressed by that. But, I still cannot get past the idea of mixing ashes and grease which given my wanting EZ maintenance just not sure about.. I still have a lot of respect for what the SmokeFire can do and how well it can do it. But, doing much research and the new line of Z Grills called "Multi Tasker" seemed to be very well reviewed and liked and don't really seem to give much up tot he SmokeFire. And I like that it's more conventional. Taking some of the best cues from the SmokeFire and others. Anyway was able to order it from Sam's with free shipping. It will be taking the place of my Genesis, which I am deciding to retire. Since I have the Wolf I really don't need the Genesis for spin cooking and actually the pellet grills do as good or better at turning out whole yard birds and roasts. Leaving Pizza. Where the Wolf excels. But watching good ol Tom Horseman who bought and reviewed the smaller version, he turned out some darn fine looking Za on it. So it's my early Father's Day gift. :D

Congrats Larry, that's a beauty. I'm sure you will have many great cooks on that new Z grill.

FYI I found the long handle Lieman grill brush with the brass bristles of all place's, flea bay. Open box brand new for $5.oo and $6.oo shipping.
Jumped on it.

Congrats! And we're praying for you since we don't know what your wife is scheming, lol.
Yeah totally has me scratching my head. I even mentioned getting another (thing that goes bang) and we went to a show yesterday and was able to sell one we don't use. And we were actually shopping the show! IDK, could it be I'm dead and it's now the afterlife? Where wives are agreeable and stuff like that? I did take a bad fall in the basement about 10 days ago. Maybe it was worse than I thought? :D

Congrats Larry the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was someone was getting married. The Jared Jewlers commercial "She said yes" :)
Yeah it's why I worded it like that :D Honestly you could have knocked me over with a feather. But every year around this time she starts telling me the kids and her want to know what I want for Father's Day (she and the kids like to get a head start). Every year same thing. I just really don't know. This year thanks to my new found love of pellet grill cooking I KNEW what I wanted. I told her supplies were tight and she said well "just order it" I sure hope after all this Sam's Club doesn't let me down

Congrats. Mixed review on this model. But you can't go wrong purchasing from Sam's club. They back what they sell 100%. I know from experience, I go to one for work allot. Many years ago I had purchased a vacuum cleaner. After a few years the $5 belt broke. as my luck would have it the manufacturer was moving their parts warehouse , delaying any part orders for more than a month I went back to my local Sam's, where the Manager knew me and asked if I can have the belt off the display model. He said I can't give it to you... He then looked up my purchase in their system , as I had lost the receipt. He gave me a brand new vacuum and said please bring your broken one back tomorrow..... Their customer service is outstanding !!!!!?

I have not seen one review on it that was mixed in any way. But then I've not watched or read every last one. So I'm kinda surprised. But, yeah not only a GREAT price but the Sam's Club customer satisfaction guarantee. I'm just really looking forward to actually laying hands on it. And hope they don't pull a fast one on my like a couple years ago when I ordered my freezer from them.

Larry, I am looking forward to your through reveiw from assembly to break I. And then that first all important cook.
You always give a good break down of your likes and dislikes.
And Larry that bad fall in the basement you should snap out of that dream soon, and this will all go away right!

I’m excited for your purchase and I’m even more excited to see how you’ll be levered by the mrs.

Wondering if anyone has started a side bet or pool?

@LMichaels, with the retirement of the Genesis, are there any Webers left in your cooking arsenal that you’ll actually be cooking on or are we witnessing the end of an era?

@LMichaels, with the retirement of the Genesis, are there any Webers left in your cooking arsenal that you’ll actually be cooking on or are we witnessing the end of an era?
I have and will keep my Q320, I also have a Jumbo Joe kettle. Not used often. Typically when I need SERIOUS heat for tuna steak. I load it up with lump. And let those tuna steaks rip.
The Genesis (or parts of it) will go to my son in law who has my original Genesis 2. He can use the Firebox for sure. Because when the roofing contractors crushed it they damaged the firebox. Other pieces may go to people here on the boards. Just have not decided what. I need to assess son in law's and decide what can be salvaged to make his grill last for the next millennia. Though all the final decisions will not be made until I actually see Sam's Club come through with my order and not screw me over like they did with the freezer
And then I have the Wolf. Nothing on it will ever rust away.

Just got notice via EMail today. Sam's has shipped my grill. I was really wondering if they would pull a fast one on my like they did when I ordered a freezer a while back and simply send me an email saying "sorry you canceled your order" when I actually never did so. So I am pleasantly surprised!

Yeah totally has me scratching my head. I even mentioned getting another (thing that goes bang) and we went to a show yesterday and was able to sell one we don't use. And we were actually shopping the show! IDK, could it be I'm dead and it's now the afterlife? Where wives are agreeable and stuff like that? I did take a bad fall in the basement about 10 days ago. Maybe it was worse than I thought? :D

I hate to tell you this - but you're still in the basement. :eek: This is all just a dream, which will evaporate when you wake up in the hospital.

Just kidding! Congrats on the new grill and enjoy all the wins. 😁

I hate to tell you this - but you're still in the basement. :eek: This is all just a dream, which will evaporate when you wake up in the hospital.

Just kidding! Congrats on the new grill and enjoy all the wins. 😁
I do think I have figured out part of what is up her sleeve. Grandson told her he's really love to have a basketball hoop at his mom's house. So, now she's trying to convince me it's "OK" to drop nearly $500 or more on a basketball hoop. Yikes! I had no clue those things cost that kind of $$$ until he started me searching for one for him. I saw some over $3k! I get grills not basketball hoops

I do think I have figured out part of what is up her sleeve. Grandson told her he's really love to have a basketball hoop at his mom's house. So, now she's trying to convince me it's "OK" to drop nearly $500 or more on a basketball hoop. Yikes! I had no clue those things cost that kind of $$$ until he started me searching for one for him. I saw some over $3k! I get grills not basketball hoops
craigslist, buy used. eventually, they all wind up in the garbage. i speak from experience. find someone who is moving and cannot take theirs.

Back