Sharpe Smoking Wood Chips

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
Just ordered 2 samplers packs of wood chips from Sharpe. I use their wool chunks and really like the flavor they impart. Never tried the chips. Anyone try Sharpe’s chips?

Here’s what I got:
#1 - 3 oaks, white, red, post
#2 - apple, cherry, peach
$30 total with tax and shipping.

Thanks. The reason for the questions is I have had issues with chips. I use Sharpe chunks and have been splitting them up. Want to try chips again.

Thanks. The reason for the questions is I have had issues with chips. I use Sharpe chunks and have been splitting them up. Want to try chips again.
Mark,
I have never tried Sharpe, but as others have shared, I have heard good things about them. What I am about to add is not at all saying it is better then Sharpe because I have never tried it... I order from Fruita Wood and I pay the $3 extra to get them cut into the cookshack Cut (aprox. 2"x 2") and I love the size for my WSM 14 or my kettle with the defusser plate. I struggled with the full size chunks and my little grills. Now I can grab more little pieces vs. one large and place them as I want and they completely burn up verses the big pieces still be partially left.

Mark,
I have never tried Sharpe, but as others have shared, I have heard good things about them. What I am about to add is not at all saying it is better then Sharpe because I have never tried it... I order from Fruita Wood and I pay the $3 extra to get them cut into the cookshack Cut (aprox. 2"x 2") and I love the size for my WSM 14 or my kettle with the defusser plate. I struggled with the full size chunks and my little grills. Now I can grab more little pieces vs. one large and place them as I want and they completely burn up verses the big pieces still be partially left.
Going to look into that. Thank you!!

Mark,
I also buy the Fruita Wood 2x2, perfect size.

Received the samples today. Got a hand written thank you note (!!), a pen, and a sticker.

Here’s what they look like.

1656709551392.jpeg

Back of the box.

1656709585697.jpeg

IMG_20220703_122842498_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220703_122932541_HDR.jpg

@Mark Foreman
I hope you are loving those Sharpe wood chips. I took two photos today of the pecan Cookshack Cut smoking wood from Fruita Wood. I got those four pieces of pecan and four same size pieces of peach for today pork belly burt end, chicken an potatoes.

So I got a chance to try the peach chips. Cooked steaks, shrooms, and veggies on the E6 with JD. Got the fire ready, added the peach chips just before cooking food. Wife noticed it on the first bite and really liked it. Me too.

So I got a chance to try the peach chips. Cooked steaks, shrooms, and veggies on the E6 with JD. Got the fire ready, added the peach chips just before cooking food. Wife noticed it on the first bite and really liked it. Me too.

What made you decide to use chips instead of chunks, other than the fact that you'd never used chips before?

Back