Seldom Found: Genesis Silver with good bottom

I've done the emblems both ways, clear coat and none. I like the way they look when I'm done either way. Interestingly, I bought a new emblem when I restored my first grill before I found out you could refinish them. After I was done redoing the old emblem I found I liked the way it looked better than the brand new one so I never used the new one. I gave it to a buddy for his grill.

Yes, the black paint is probably brighter in the end. Here is one I restored and after 2 years outdoors and with the grill always covered. Without clear coat.

Blue Lid with Blk End Caps pic 1.jpg20231219_162201.jpg

When I have paint fall off stuff that quickly I usually chalk it up to something I did wrong. I always get a little nervous painting things so I think I rush sometimes, apply the paint too thick, don't wait long enough in between coats, didn't do the prep good enough.How else can I screw this up? I'm sure I've done them all. I do occasionally get it right. I've got a grill on the side of my house now that I repainted the end caps on. I thought I did a good job, paint started peeling within 6-8 months. I still have no idea what I did wrong on that one.

Yah, I sprayed one with HH clear and it made the bare aluminum boarder almost white. Some might like that however.

Yah, I sprayed one with HH clear and it made the bare aluminum boarder almost white. Some might like that however.
I like it either way. If you don't clear coat, I think the black paint looks better. If you do, then yes, the aluminum border and kettle will have a pearlescent white finish.

Has anyone ever replaced the door magnets in the door panels. If so, do you have a parts source. Can it be done?

Has anyone ever replaced the door magnets in the door panels. If so, do you have a parts source. Can it be done?
I'd like to know this too..... my magnets are pretty rusty and I have to rely on a wood block thru the handles to keep the doors from blowing open in a wind storm.

Wow, Samuel! That one just keeps on getting better and better! Love the tie in with the stainless inserts I assume came from a Platinum stainless or from a Summit grill.

All you need now is to paint the badge kettle red :coolkettle: !

Steve,
What type and brand of clear coat do you use for your emblems?
I've been using Krylon gloss finish clear coat. It's a can I had lying around in the garage from I don't know what. It looks good and holds up to the heat from the grill.

Yes, Jon the shelves came off of my Genesis Platinum. I do not paint the kettle red on the emblem red for I do not have much luck with that. I have tried it before and did not care for it, I just made a mess.

Yes, Jon the shelves came off of my Genesis Platinum. I do not paint the kettle red on the emblem red for I do not have much luck with that. I have tried it before and did not care for it, I just made a mess.
Not to worry, because you already have the sharpest Silver C I have ever seen(y)!

The majority of the votes I got were not to swap the shelves, but I liked the outcome. I have more plans for my Platinum so no worries, I am not done. One thing I did learn now is that I have a better understanding and see how you guys fix the dropsies on the Platinum's so that was good. Some of you have seen my others posts and have gathered somewhat I am attempting. I am enjoying the ride, so I think that is main thing that counts.

Back