Seldom Found: Genesis Silver with good bottom

Added Some 303 Aerospace UV Protectant to the handles. Maybe one on the grill is dull now because it is exposed to the cold.

303.jpg

Blk Square Lid pic 3.jpgDyed Black Handlle 3.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe you could do a swap with the changing seasons! Nice thing about the stainless/black trim is that all the basic colors will look good. I actually like black the best, but that green, blue or even red would all look really good.

Thanks Jon,
I do like the idea of swapping, but in between cleaning though. I think the Black looks good as well, but because it is so common, I tend prefer the colors. I did miss an opportunity to pick up a Red Head but my Van was broken down so I could not get it. I just hope this current winter storm coming up does not damage my work. It was pretty windy here last night and it is getting colder as the days go by.

Last edited:
You can purchase steel square stock from most big box DIY stores such as Menards, Home Depot and the Farm and barn stores.
The side rails on each side of the bottom on Genesis grills is 1" stock much of the time. Most of the rest of the grill is 1 1/4"

So I received the frame hardware to replace the rusted frame part, but they did not send me the bolts for assembly. Do you all know if it is okay to use stainless steel bolts to assemble the frame. Any issues there.

Thanks Steve,
This was the frame piece I was talking about. I was fortunate that it also came with the castors.

Caster Frame pic 1.jpgCaster Frame pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
In case anyone wants to know here is the part number to the caster frame assembly, and yes it does come with the castors. As far as I know Weber still has it available for, I just ordered it.

20240121_130113.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a new 90501 lid label. Question I have is do you all spray them with high temperature clear coat for them to maintain their shine and clarity. If so how durable is that. The reason I asked is because I painted a couple in the past, without clear coat only to have them lose their paint in a couple of years. This one is oem so I would expect to last longer but, I was just curious on your thoughts. Forgive my OCD.

90501 Label pic 1.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose clear coat might help it last a little longer, I also think that the high heat clear coat might give a little bit of a whitening effect.

Back