Seen at Costco: SRF American Kobe Corned Beef Round

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Seen at Costco in San Jose: Snake River Farms American Kobe Corned Beef Round, $7.79/lb. Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

IMG_66641_zpshbzvizib.jpg

IMG_66651_zpsesioz1fp.jpg

SRF for $7.79 a LBS? I never in a million years would have guess it would be that affordable. And I was going to cure my own because Brisket since brisket is south of $6...why bother if it's SRF for south of $8

No SRF at ours, they had Sy Ginsberg for $4.99/lb.
Probably what I'll get when it gets closer to SPD.
Prime brisket packers were $3.69, and pork belly was $3.49.

Thanks Chris

I'm also due for a Costco trip, got a hankering for some rack of lamb, and now ill be looking for a Kobe Corned Beef Round.

Last edited:
Corned beef and pastrami are both made from both brisket and round. I like brisket better. :)
Me too. Turns out, my Costco doesn't have the SRF corned beef, so it's back on for making my own corned beef this St. Patrick's day

A simple method:

http://www.mortonsalt.com/article/meat-curing-deli-style-corned-beef/

Ingredients

One beef brisket, 4-6 lbs
5 tablespoons Morton® Tender Quick® mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon ground bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions

Trim surface of fat from brisket.
In a small bowl, mix Morton® Tender Quick® mix, remaining ingredients and spices.
Rub mixture into all sides of brisket.
Place brisket in “food grade” plastic bag and tie end securely. Refrigerate and allow to cure 5 days per inch of meat thickness.
When ready to cook, place brisket in Dutch oven. Add water to cover. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 3-4 hours.

Back