sausage for grilling - smoking?

We have a local butcher that makes uncooked sausages that I'll usually cook offset in my grill with some wood chips for smoke.

Italians, both grilled or smoked. Smoked they take on a new dimension in flavor. Try some.

There's a butcher shop over in Frankenmuth (MI) that professes to have something like two hundred varieties of brat, I think I may start to work my way through the role call this summer. Or would that be "roll" call?
We spend a week at Lake Huron where I will be away from my normal grill but, there's a 22.5 standard there, unless my brother decided there's some reason to change it.
If I owned a pickup truck I would load my double up there! Pictures to come some time. Not too long, I am very happy with my set up, need to finish the matching patio bar!

Here's one of my favorite dishes:
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?58731-Poached-Beer-Brats-on-the-Performer&highlight=Robert+McGee

We frequent a locally owned super market in Brookville, In (about twenty miles from my home), that has a really good meat counter. There are always at least three meat cutters behind the counter. Custom cuts are "normal". They make a great fresh "sausage" which is just ground pork seasoned simply with salt and pepper. We make the ground pork into "hamburger patties" and grill them direct just like ground beef burgers. They are simply WONDERFUL! They represent a great "change of pace" over regular burgers.

Just a thought or two...

Keep on smokin',
:wsm:Dale53

Back