Rotisserie Turkey Breast

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We picked up this turkey breast last week. Sounded pretty good on a cloudy day, threatening to rain later in the evening. I gambled I could beat it. I didn't.

Got the rotisserie set up and seasoned breast with just butter, salt and pepper.

DSC_3368 (Large).JPG

One hour in. Added charcoal.

DSC_3370 (Large).JPG

Grilled up some shredded sprouts. Threw in some red popper flakes and mustard seed after sprouts wilted down.

DSC_3373 (Large).JPG

Didn't mean to launch this yet. Still learning my way around with Mr. XenForo. Moving along.

Plugging away.

DSC_3375 (Large).JPG

Some Dutch Oven Scalloped Potatoes.

DSC_3379 (Large).JPG

All done!

DSC_3383 (Large).JPG

DSC_3385 (Large).JPG

Meant to mention around the time I prematurely made my post, the deluge began. Crowded everything right up to my front porch under the roof eves. Anyway, it was good and had turkey sandwiches for lunch today with another dinner, hot turkey sandwiches, in a couple of nights. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That looks amazing, I have BSTB in the freezer. I have to get the on the fire. Everyone is doing grilled sprouts they all look so good. Also have them in the frig, you make me want to cook this right now.

I just know that upcoming hot turkey sandwich (aka a "Manhattan" in parts of the Midwest) is going to be great!

That looks fantastic Cliff. Barb and I will be doing a whole turkey on the roti for smoke day with all the trimmings, seeing it's about half way to Thanksgiving it's time for a practice cook.

Cliff, that is an awesome cook, like it all. Yes one of the best parts is the left over turkey sandwiches the next day.

Thanksgiving in May, Cliff, love it! Everything looks great (as always), and those sprouts remind me that I am not sure we've had any during our lockdown. I'll have to ask my wife and Chief Online Grocery Officer to add that to our next veggie order list! :)

Rich

Thanks everyone!

Thanksgiving in May I'll have to ask my wife and Chief Online Grocery Officer to add that to our next veggie order list! :)

Rich
Thanksgiving in May,
Everything looks great (as always), and those sprouts remind me

Thanks Rich. We have turkey probably 3 or 4 times a year. Too good to restrict to the holidays. If it sounds good at the time, I'll cook it, even if its 100+ outside.:) As far as the sprouts go I'm not sure we had any either. These were the packaged sprouts, already shaved. They're microwavable bags if you choose to go that route. I never do. Ocean Mist or something like that.

Wow, that turkey appears so perfect in that last roti shot that it almost looks like the fake food photos used in advertising. I'm not kidding, my mouth is watering.

That looks great. I've smoked those on the WSM and rotisseried on the kettle, and they are delicious.

I was in Kroger yesterday, and the beef/pork was almost wiped out, but they had a huge pile of bone-in turkey breasts. That was interesting, because I usually have a hard time finding them outside the holidays. They are excellent for light summer fare.

Back