Rotisserie St Louis Ribs

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Had been planning to cook a rack of St Louis Ribs for the last few days.
Things kept coming up later in the day & postponed the cook twice.
Yesterday was no different & decided to cook anyway - just had to get them done fast.

Rubbed heavily with Memphis Dust & a light sprinkle of Habanero Death Dust.
Into the 14.5 over a full ring of used KBB & 4 chunks hickory.

PICT5339_zps8gnzl9qk.jpg

310*/two & one-half hours later:

PICT5346_zpsvm1rsdud.jpg

Served nekid with some Rufus Teague "Touch of Heat" as a spread & a side of mac salad.
Time To Eat!

PICT5362_zpsx6qf08lh.jpg

The ribs were good... tender & juicy.

The ribs are beautiful!! Habanero Death Dust? I like hot stuff...how is it? Have you done wings with it?

The ribs are beautiful!! Habanero Death Dust? I like hot stuff...how is it? Have you done wings with it?

Thank you. Habanero Death Dust is pretty hot. Yes, have done wings with it, though I've always used it in combination with other rubs.

You can get a reasonably priced sample here: https://www.oakridgebbq.com/product/signature-edition-rub-sample-pack/

They have hotter rubs. I bought one that's done with ghost pepper. It's in the cupboard, but I'm afraid to try it! Ha. They also have a Scorpion chile rub. I'll never try that.

Last edited:
Wow! Habanero death dust. They must have definitely had a bite to them. They look wonderful. I've never used the rotisserie for ribs but it looks killer. Nice job!

That is a good looking slab of ribs Robert. I need to try spinning some ribs, your results are as good as it gets

Thats a whole lotta rib on a 14.5", full ring of used KBB, and two and a half hours later on the roti....

Darn nice looking St. Louis Rib Robert.

First time that I have seen a full slab that has not been cut on a 14.5, and they look great!

Had been planning to cook a rack of St Louis Ribs for the last few days.
Things kept coming up later in the day & postponed the cook twice.
Yesterday was no different & decided to cook anyway - just had to get them done fast.

Rubbed heavily with Memphis Dust & a light sprinkle of Habanero Death Dust.
Into the 14.5 over a full ring of used KBB & 4 chunks hickory.

PICT5339_zps8gnzl9qk.jpg

310*/two & one-half hours later:

PICT5346_zpsvm1rsdud.jpg

Served nekid with some Rufus Teague "Touch of Heat" as a spread & a side of mac salad.
Time To Eat!

PICT5362_zpsx6qf08lh.jpg

The ribs were good... tender & juicy.

Can anyone tell me about the rotisserie? Is that a custom mod or what? Would love to do that on my 18.5 wsm.

Back